Our 2016 travel plans

Chris

We are in the process of finalising our travel plans this year.  Well, they are the plans at this stage but as everyone knows they can change rapidly!

We will cross the Nullabor from here in SA and head up North through the WA Wheatfields, up to first Cape Range NP, maybe Karijini NP, Marble Bar, and Carawine Gorge, then re-doing the Gary Junction Road crossing back to Alice Springs.  We will go down through the Haasts Bluff Road rather than out to the Stuart Highway.   After Alice Springs we think we may travel over to QLD on the Plenty to Winton.  After that, perhaps down through the middle back home. 

If the weather is fine we may travel down to Esperance first but that is probably not on the cards, as it is a long way out of our way.

I think we will leave here the first week of May and then take it as it comes.

The permits have been organised and the start date from Marble Bar or Carawine Gorge is 29 June  So unless I change the permits that bit is set in concrete!   Interestingly, the permits (applied for online) were issued immediately (by the NT) and within 24 hours (by WA).  They are very efficient these days.

I have a good planning document now for the Gary Junction Road which I can share on the forum if there is any interest .

• Like 3

It sounds like a great trip Chris. We will sadly miss you when we get to the Barossa area.....not sure yet when that will be as we don't make firm plans.....just a general direction of travel.  

Perhaps by the time you get over to Qld we may be back home....or in the outback parts at least :-)

Will have to keep in touch of where you are & when :-)

Take care,  happy, safe & fun filled travels

Sue & Rod

• Like 2

Sue and Rod, I look forward to meeting up with you guys.  I will do regular trip reports so will keep abreast of each other's movements.

• Like 2

Chris,

I always enjoy reading your trip reports, they are very informative & entertaining.

Safe travels to you & Val.....looking forward to the day we finally meet.

• Like 2

Hi Chris I would also be interested in your information for the Gary Junction as we are planning the trip from Kings Canyon to Marble Bar In June of this year. Look forward to your information.

Warm Regards

John

• Like 2

Keep in touch when you are heading to Queensland and we may have to organise a gathering.

Your plans sound terrific, would love to be following in your tracks.

Clive

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John and Tina said:

Hi Chris I would also be interested in your information for the Gary Junction as we are planning the trip from Kings Canyon to Marble Bar In June of this year. Look forward to your information.

Warm Regards

John

We will be launching off from Carawine Gorge on 29 June so we may catch up!  You say you are starting off from Watarrka...do,you live there?

chris

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sandra said:

Keep in touch when you are heading to Queensland and we may have to organise a gathering.

Your plans sound terrific, would love to be following in your tracks.

Clive

Will do Sandra!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Webby said:

Hi Chris.  I would love to see your travel planning for the Gary Junction, and look forward to catching up with yourself and Val when you get over to the west. :)

I will make sure you know where we are!

• Like 2

Hi Chris - you've planned what sounds like a great trip.  At this stage, we are due in Minbrie in mid-May, so hopefully we can catch up with you either before you go, or if you plan on coming down the Eyre on the way west.  You know that there is a really, really good free and social camp at Minbrie.  :rolleyes:

Cheers

5 hours ago, LeaA said:

Hi Chris - you've planned what sounds like a great trip.  At this stage, we are due in Minbrie in mid-May, so hopefully we can catch up with you either before you go, or if you plan on coming down the Eyre on the way west.  You know that there is a really, really good free and social camp at Minbrie.  :rolleyes:

Cheers

We fully expect to see you here on your way through, or at Minbrie.  We may leave earlier than your arrival which would stuff up these plans but we will see.....  :rolleyes:

• Like 1