Dunmowin

johnh

Hi all,We are new to the forum and  I am not computer savy. so please be patient.

We have a Kedron ATV 21 ft. full onsuite and the usual extras. we love the van and lifestyle. Our home was Jimboomba SE Qld. but we sold up and got on the road nearly 5 years ago.

In all his time I have assumed that he noisy water pumps was the way it is. But recently taking notice of a friends van I decided that my water pumps were noisy. So I rang Kedron and spoke to Ashley, and explained that I had the spare pump for pumping out of the creek, and he suggested swapping them over as the spare is very quiet. Well I've done that and it is still the same noise for both pumps. ie the pump that came out of the van is now the spare, and its quiet.So, its not the pump. When I get under the van with my wife running the pump it sounds like the whole floor is magnifying the sound..

Question.....anybody got any suggestions please...

• Like 1

Hullo John

Welcome to the forum.

Noisy water pumps are a problem for many Caravaners, not just Kedron owners. I think most manufactures use the same pumps!!!!!!

There can be numerous causes ( eg. vibrating water hoses, the way the pump is mounted, accumulators etc) but the remedy is largely a trial and error process.

I don't want to put you off here, but I also don't want to rewrite what many others have written on this subject over the years.  Could I suggest you (or get someone to help you) do a search on "noisy water pumps" on this forum, and others if necessary.  I'm pretty sure you will find an answer that suits your particular water pump problem.

The search icon on this forum is the little magnifying glass thing on the top right hand corner on the same page of your initial post.

All the best with this.

Peter

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some past experience, we had an Avan Cruisliner which had a noisy water pump, which unfortunatly was located under the bed. So if one of us got up first and made a cuppa the other was woken up by the the noise of the pump under the bed.

I embarkd on a noise reduction process, having worked on Naval vessels when younger, I tried home made vibration isolation mounts. Followed by foam insulation of the hoses and rubber closed cell foam under all the hose clamps, fiittings and brackets.

The outcome was not really worth the effort, it certainly reduced the noise, unfortuantly the pump location was a major part of the problem. The next steps would have been relocation of the pump and possibly a noise insulated box taking care to allow enough air circulation around the pump.

The actual siolution was we sold the Avan and got our Kedron, pumps still noisy but not under our bed.

Good luck with your pump noise isolation project, I will follow your efforts with interest.

Regards

Terry

• Like 1