Chev Silverado Water Clearance /Snorkel

Leon Brown

I would like to know if anyone has information on the following:

What depth of water can a Silverado cross without a snorkel safely and also if anyone has fitted a snorkel and the details of supplier

Regards

Leon

Hi guys

Airflow make a snorkel for the trucks  03 6234 6121 ( www.snorkels.ashop.com.au ) and I believe are available on order through Opposite Lock.  I enquired down here at their Mitcham Office and a price of around $700 fitted.  Fording depth varies, the air intake is just behind the off side head light inside the wheel arch shroud.  Check out the manual and it will tell you the top of the wheel is about it.

Cheers

Merv

Hi'

I spoke to the guy with the snorkles , if you look at the fitting instructions the air box is different to my 2012.

The snorkel looks like it fits the profile of body (guard) , you would have to do your own plumbing under the bonnet .

That would be a very big job , if it works. 

Nev

• Like 1

Hi Nev 

I agree with you I did some homework on this when I first took delivery of my chev and came to the same conclusion re the plumbing 

so gave it a miss  

• 5 months later...

We recently bought a 2006 Silverado that had a snorkel half fitted. The original owner possibly came to the same conclusion as you suggest. (too hard basket) After a quick dismantle of the air cleaner it took me about 3 hours too finish the connection under the bonnet and make it water proof. 

P6230343.jpg