What height do I need to build a carport to accomodate a Kedron caravan

Last year we built a garage for our Kedron (16' XC3 compact with 17" wheels  and cruise-master suspension).

We were advised to make the entrance height at least 3.2m, we made it 3.3m just to be sure. The van fits comfortably with a safe clearance. The highest point of the van appears to be the top of the Air conditioner, closely followed by the TV aerial.

Note: On measuring the Van max height it appears to be 3.1m, but measurement was done in a hurry and a bit roughly when we got the the van home, before putting it in the garage. 

If you make it 3.3m you should be OK, I am not sure what  other Kedron model van heights are?

Good Luck

Terry

• Like 1

Thanks Terry,

You've been a great help, I'm looking at models between 2005 - 2009 18ft range. I had read where other caravan models where around those heights you'd given me and I had it in my mind to build it with an opening of 3.4m .

Thanks Wayne

• Like 2

Spyder,

I had a carport built last year for my 22ft XC3. The height of the van (top of airconditioner) is 3.12m. Since the approach to the carport is not flat in both directions I made the entrance height 3.4m to make sure it was OK.

The van fits in nicely.

if you have a flat approach 3.3m should be fine.

Bob

• Like 2