Lithium Batteries

Allan

Hello

We are in the process of getting our XC3 18ft caravan built and are really undecided about whether or not to get lithium batteries.While the cost of them is a bit steep we do feel the benefits would out way this. Our concern is  we have heard reports about them catching on fire and are wondering if anyone has had any problems. We would really appreciate your feedback.

Regards

Allan & Colleen

Hi Allan & Colleen,

I'm in the same boat (well Van), I'm having a XC3 19ft Van built. Having an electrical background and after a lot of research I didn't hesitate to select the lithium option (300 A/hr) package. Admittedly there was some concern by Caravan manufacturers when lithium were first introduced and its taken some time for some to offer them as an option. I think the fact that some now do is due to company's like Enerdrive delivering a "Turnkey" package which includes a battery management system that monitors and protects. Other than the electrical benefits the weight reduction was also a big hitter for me. 

• Like 1

Hi Allen & Colleen,

Welcome to this forum.

If you do a search on Lithium Batteries (on this site) I'm sure you will find what you need to know in regards to selection, setup & performance.

i don't recall to much correspondence on the 'fire' issue..... but I would to think, that has been resolved.

Hi Allen & Colleen

I have a lithium pack 300 a/hr  in a TE3 and it works fantastic runs all the lights ,coffee machine and toaster hair dryer  with no problems ,will give you power for 2 days under very poor sun conditions (under high 240 volt usage ), running the battery down to about 40/50 percent .

23 hours ago, petdav30 said:

Hi Allan & Colleen,

I'm in the same boat (well Van), I'm having a XC3 19ft Van built. Having an electrical background and after a lot of research I didn't hesitate to select the lithium option (300 A/hr) package. Admittedly there was some concern by Caravan manufacturers when lithium were first introduced and its taken some time for some to offer them as an option. I think the fact that some now do is due to company's like Enerdrive delivering a "Turnkey" package which includes a battery management system that monitors and protects. Other than the electrical benefits the weight reduction was also a big hitter for me. 

Thanks for your feedback. appreciated

23 hours ago, petdav30 said:

Hi Allan & Colleen,

Thank you to everyone for your input.We have also contacted  a  few insurance companies and none of them have a concern  about lithium either. We have decided to go ahead with them. Again a big thank you.            Allan &Colleen

• Like 1