Jerry can holders

John and Tina

I am considering moving the Jerry Can holders to the rear bumper bar. This would involve moving both spares to the centre of the bar and have both jerry cans on the outside. Have not at this stage run a tape and see if it all fits. Would be interested to here from anyone who has moved the jerry can holders from the A frame to the rear bumper bar.

Warm regards

John

Hi John,

I believe,...... but will stand corrected, it is illegal (& also very dangerous) to carry jerry cans on the rear of a van or any vehicle for that matter.

Thankyou Merv and Tony for your replies obviously there are different rules applied in each state. Lotus, Trackmaster, Supreme and Halen Vans all install their jerry can holders at the rear of the caravan all manufactured here in Victoria. I am of the opinion fuel stored at the rear of the van would be no more dangerous than side mounted tanks on  prime movers. I will keep researching before making a final decision.

Warm regards

John

Hi John

There is not a problem with having jerry cans on the rear of a van or a motor vehicle the regs only apply to what you can have in them and petrol is not one of them.

Cheers

Merv