US TRUCKS SHOCKS

Danny and Sue

Just put a set of rancho adjustable shocks on the Silverado..really tightened up the ute..straight away you can really feel the improvement..limited use with van and heavy load but great improvement over the factory shocks..

regards Danny 

Hi Danny,

What was the part number for the shocks and where did you get them, please?

I was thinking, when I get my new truck set up, as in getting the bull bar on and drawer system fitted and loaded up, next time I'm going to be in Sydney I would book the truck I with Heasmans Steering, they have a body/suspension dynamometer there where they can perfectly match the shocks (usually Bilstiens) to the vehicle.

Have you adjusted your torsion bars....if so how many turns of the anchor/adjusting bolt?

CU down the road

Hello Tony..

i got my rears at 4WD1.com..a pretty easy web site to use and they do have phone numbers ifn in doubt.. But they have no fronts until later in the year.. I could not find adjustable rancho fronts in Australia so I got them from JC Whitney in the US.. A bit dearer but the fronts were the ones I really needed.. Front was all over the shop on those roads in QLD.. They don't ship to a Po box though..

I don't have bar or winch but I have screwed it up 3 turns..

cheers Danny

PS . I also bought 2" lift blocks and put in the rear of mine..that lets the springs do the work rather than the air bags.. With the boat on the roof,outboard on the a frame and all the associated gear I still only have to put 15 psi in the bags..I don't like too much pressure in air bags as it put weight in the wrong part of the chassis as well as making them too rigid which leads to breakage..

Edited by Danny and Sue

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Do you still have the boxes the shocks came in.....can you let me know the parts numbers, please?

I thought about 'blocking' the rear suspension, but my reasoning NOT to do it was the 2" lift is there permanently even with no weight in the truck.

Cheers and beers

Tony..

rears are RS999269..

i would ring 4WD1.....1300004931.. They got me to measure mine centre of top eye to centre of bottom eye to make sure of correct length..

JC Witney have a good web site where you put your vehicle details in and up comes all the options..I got no paperwork from them and boxes have gorn.. Ifn your not in a hurry 4WD1 will have fronts later in the year..

cheers danny

• 2 years later...

Hi Bryan,

I ended up ordering a set of Bilstein 5100 series front and rear from The Dmax store www.dmaxstore.com 

Very quick delivery and easy to deal with ......AND they work well!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tony

Change of plan not King Shocks now fox.

I have spent hours on the net and this is the best deal I can find surprisingly it is a local company.

The quote I received for Fox Shocks from Double Black Off Road Pty Ltd 17/150 Chesterville Rd,, Moorabbin VIC 3189 Ph: (03) 9553 0744, Email: sales@doubleblackoffroad.co

0-1"PERFORMANCE SERIES 2.0S MOOTHBODY RESERVOIR SHOCKS  980-24-959 Chevy Silverado 2500HD front

2 $425.00 $772.73 $850.00

0-1"PERFORMANCE SERIES 2.0 SMOOTHBODY RESERVOIR SHOCKS 980-24-955Chevy Silverado 2500HD Rear

2 $425.00 $772.73 $850.00

Freight: $0.00 $0.00

TOTAL $1,700.00

Cheers

Bryan