Problems with our Dometic front loading washing machines

curly

On our last trip the Dometic front loading washing machine played up (the machine is 9 years old) so we were wondering if anyone has encounted the same problem.  The problem we have is that the washing machine would fill with water then stop and without starting to wash empty the water out.

We have eliminated a few things by testing the different functions of the machine such as testing it on the spin cycle.  The machine completed this cycle without any problem eliminating the motor and the pump.  But I am sure there are lots of other things that can go wrong.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Graham

• Like 1

Hi Curly, we have a Dometic front loader but not as old as yours and no problems with it so far. The User Manual indicates this problem occurs if the end of the drain hose is too low.  Perhaps the hose has shaken loose. Copies of P14 & P19 attached - hope this helps.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Jacky Jacky
spelling
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Following on from Ann's helpful post, I have downloaded the manual, and am attaching a copy.  It can be handy to refer to instead of rifling through the folder of manuals...

Washing machine user manual.pdf

• Like 1

Hi Curley,

What Jacky Jacky has said sounds right, there is another thing to look for should all else fails.

I had my front load pulled down for other reasons and repaired, and while the machine was out of the van I tested it, and yes it did the same as you have stated, and I had the drain hose higher than the washer, so I called the repairer and he called in and pulled the washer down, and he had forgot to plug a set of wires back in to a control box.

Possibly this plug may have come loose, or the control box it plugs in to may have died.

Just a thought.

Cheers

32 Kev

• Like 1