Kedron service

GrantCarol

Last week when I raised the topic about the height of number plates on our vans, I was pointed in the direction of Kedron by both Chris and Gavin who said they (Kedron) were providing brackets that will allow us to comply with the regulations.

On Friday morning I e-mailed my little problem to Kedron and within a matter of minutes (no exaggeration!) I was contacted by Robyn Eales from the service department seeking information about the van and advising that she'd forward a bracket that mounts between the tyres.

It was late Friday when I eventually got the info and sent the e-mail (we store the van) but Monday afternoon a parcel arrived, by courier, from Kedron (and at no charge to me whatsoever) with my new chequer plate bracket!!!

How good is that??

If this isn't first-rate, top-class service then I don't know what is?

Thank you Robyn, thank you Gall Boys, you are quite brilliant.

• Like 8

Grant,

Your comments are first class, the exact same thing happened to us today, as we are going down to Tasmania for 5months in 3weeks with number plate not in the correct area .

Couple of emails with Robyn, everything sorted (no stress).

How/where are you going to wire to your new bracket for the light, pick up power from??

• Like 3

Gary,

If you have a look at the post by Chris (moderator) and the photo he included, my thoughts are the same.  I thought I'd try and pick up a power feed from the tail light unit and run a cable inside the van (in the cupboard) and then poke it out somewhere near the bar that holds the spares.

I've also bought a number plate light on ebay, cost was $8.50 coming from Melbourne so that should be here in a couple of days or so.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-x-LED-NUMBER-PLATE-LIGHT-TRUCK-UTE-TRAILER-CARAVAN-4-HIGH-QUALITY-LEDS-10-30V-/232013475815?hash=item360514afe7:g:cDYAAOSwImRYDtdU

We're off for a couple of days next week to Milton so the sooner it arrives the better.  Looks like a job for me this weekend!

Happy to hear your experience with Kedron was as good as ours.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I visited the 'factory' today, to get a new stone bra fitted and also to get my number plate moved.

I was having second thoughts about the mounting of the number plate between the spare wheels, mainly because it would/could impede (slightly) the removal and refitting of the spare wheels......so I pulled out a tape measure and measured the distance between the lower edge of the O/S tail light and the ground on my van the distance was approx 1.45m bearing in mind the transport rules (my interpretation) state the plate shouldn't be higher than 1.3m.

So I asked the service guys to mount a number plate light under the tail assembly (picking up the wiring for the number plate light from the tail light assembly) & then of course the plate below that. Pulled the tape out & measured again 1.3m came in at 1cm UP from the lower edge of the plate,

My interpretation/understanding of the transport rules state the plate shouldn't be higher than 1.3m BUT it doesn't state 1.3 at the top or bottom of the plate. So I fell it should be OK ( I'll plead 'senior' ignorance if I get pulled up) and I'm going to leave the plate where it is now....I reckon it looks a lot neater there (my opinion).

Four rivets were fitted to the original mounting holes and a dab of suitable white paint applied, then a red rectangular reflector with suitable silicon and screws was fitted over the original wiring hole....all up a very neat 'mod'!!

In closing the service and attention given by Robyn and the boys in service was great. ? 

Also the communications with Robyn (email & phone) before the visit to the factory were friendly and professional. 

CU down the road ........

• Like 2

Good one Tony, we just finished parking the van at Kedron today, fresh from 3 months in Tasmania. Agree with you on the service that Robyn provides, we rang two days ago when we coming through Glenn Innes, to get a suspension service and a few other bits fixed before we head back home to Cairns. First off she said no way they had already taken on too many vans for next week, but when I mentioned we could leave it there for a week, she worked her magic and the van was plugged in. Gives us a good catch up with our son in Brisbane, not having to worry about the van.

• Like 1