Locker Venting

I added an aluminium checker plate to the rear of my XC3 earlier this year. A great addition for storage of snatch strap, trolley jack, camp ovens, firewood etc. We used the existing rear bar mounting, extended the shs and inserted a tight fit smaller shs which went right through the existing and extension. Not only did I get great storage but took 85 kg off my ball weight.

Photos of the box before & after fitting are below

We clocked up some 11,500 km earlier this year including some really rugged roads through the Gawler Ranges to & from Mt Ive station and Lake Gairdner without any worries at all, Have checked all mountings and supports and still as fitted. Only problem was condensation when in the deserts mainly. Really only two options insulate or vent. After much research I opted for venting as in the pdf file attached. Problem now solved and looking forward to our next getaway early January.

Cheers

Mike

Locker Venting.pdf

Eclipse - Rear Storage Box Feb 2016.pdf

Eclipse Rear Storage Lockers.pdf

59 minutes ago, The Carters said:

Hi Mike,

I would like to get the specs of exactly how this box was made and fitted to your van.  It looks fantastic and I would like to add one to our van. I assume it was made and fitted by a local metal fabricator?  What was the cost?

Cheers,

Kym.

59 minutes ago, The Carters said:

I added an aluminium checker plate to the rear of my XC3 earlier this year. A great addition for storage of snatch strap, trolley jack, camp ovens, firewood etc. We used the existing rear bar mounting, extended the shs and inserted a tight fit smaller shs which went right through the existing and extension. Not only did I get great storage but took 85 kg off my ball weight.

Photos of the box before & after fitting are below

We clocked up some 11,500 km earlier this year including some really rugged roads through the Gawler Ranges to & from Mt Ive station and Lake Gairdner without any worries at all, Have checked all mountings and supports and still as fitted. Only problem was condensation when in the deserts mainly. Really only two options insulate or vent. After much research I opted for venting as in the pdf file attached. Problem now solved and looking forward to our next getaway early January.

Cheers

Mike

Locker Venting.pdf

Eclipse - Rear Storage Box Feb 2016.pdf

Eclipse Rear Storage Lockers.pdf

Hi Mike,

I would like to get the specs of exactly how this box was made and fitted to your van.  It looks fantastic and I would like to add one to our van. I assume it was made and fitted by a local metal fabricator?  What was the cost?

Cheers,

Kym.

Kym

My line drawings are attached, all details are in the preinstall pics in the file  Eclipse - Rear Storage Box Feb 2016.pdf

Cost installed including GST was $3,520

Let me know if I can be of further help

Mike

Eclipse Rear Lockers plans - Dec 2015.docx