Solar Controller

RickA

Our nearly 9 yr.old Plasmatronic solar controller has decided to give up the ghost. Great timing ,because everybody is closed for Xmas. Everything seems to be working normally .batteries charging etc. but the panel on the controller keeps flicking through and comes up with menu items I have never seen before. At the moment I am pulling the fuse on it every couple of hours to stop it from overcharging and killing the batteries. Any suggestions? We are in Balgal Beach (50ks north of Townsville) doing  a house sit until Jan.20th. I have had to disconnect the internal monitor to stop it from beeping and cycling.

Hi Rick

What model Plasmatronics solar controller do you have. I have a new PL40 that I had as a spare for our first Kedron but never had to use it.  I could send it to you, no charge. Might get you out of trouble.

Cheers

Pete

• Like 3

That`s the one Pete. That would be fantastic. I will pay for postage.My mob.no. is 0four 1nine 219 seven nine 4. :)

• Like 1

Hi Rick

That PL40 is on its way via Express Post. You will have to sign for it. Please let me know when you receive it.

Suggest you change it over at night or cover your solar panels if it's a day time job. Write down the settings on your old controller so that it is easy to program the new one.

Merry Christmas to you and Lea.

Cheers

Pete

• Like 5

This thread is a great example of Kedron owners all helping each other out.  This is what it is all about, hey?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Andrew. I have pulled the fuse a few times because it is over charging the batteries. Because we are getting so much sun up here I have to keep a close eye on it .It gets up to 15.8 volts,so I pull the fuse until it drops back ,usually at night. Just waiting for people in Townsville to go back to work and I can hopefully get it fixed.

Rick, have you fixed it yet?  Ours has just started doing something similar.  Ours is going beep due to what it says is low voltage in the system when we know the voltage is super high and batteries are full.

i guess we have to get a new one too; ours is the PLM 60.