Replacement diesel heater fuel tank cap

dismart

The cap on my diesel heater fuel tank has cracked and I am having a problem finding a replacement. It is for an ebersparcher blue tank(dometic) with an internal diameter of the cap thread of 46mm. Has anyone found a source for these. Thanks.

Hi,

Can I suggest you google....   dieselheat    they are in Hobart. Graham Yost is the guy to contact there.

A more knowledgeable person re diesel heating would be hard to find, and he can source any part or service requirements you need.

Graham has helped me out a couple of times...... he gets my 'tick'

Tony, Val tells me that Graham Yost was unable to help.  He wanted to assist but doesn't have those caps any longer.  So Val is getting Kedron to mail him the current unit and hope it fits.  Kedron could not have been more helpful - as usual.

When my fuel tank cracked ( 3 years old ) around the fitting hole , I thought this was a design fault . I went to Dometic at Brendale with proof of purchase ( caravan purchase details receipt ) and they gave me the updated model tank .  They said they had problems with the caps as well .

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:00 AM, Nev and Penny said:

When my fuel tank cracked ( 3 years old ) around the fitting hole , I thought this was a design fault . I went to Dometic at Brendale with proof of purchase ( caravan purchase details receipt ) and they gave me the updated model tank .  They said they had problems with the caps as well .

Very interesting to know.  If the cap which is coming does not fit then Dometic is our next port of call.  We may have to get the whole tank.

1 hour ago, Nev and Penny said:

You could try large mower shops for a fuel cap .

That is a thought...and a good one too!

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up getting one from Kedron from the black tanks they use now. Was tight but a little reaming of both threads and it now fits well.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Here is the Dometic part number for the replacement diesel heater tank cap.     C000102       (Cap Fuel tank DH)   with a rrp of $30.00.

Courtesy from the Dometic Team at the Melbourne Caravan Show.

Cheers

Merv

• Like 3