Older Top ender or Newer ATV

Hi there, we are 2 adults with 2 young children wanting to have gap year around Australia. We have definitely decided on Kedron, cannot wait for a new build so  asking your advice on these options:

2009 top ender 

2012 atv 

2007 atv

All of them have the majority of features we're after. The price is not so much of a concern. Pull vehicle is 200 series LC. The top ender is in WA. Top ender looks great but worried about weight. We do want the option of going off road. And want free camping too. Look forward to your comments. 

• Like 1

I would go for the newer ATV, 

Do you want to email me a copy of the floor plan, kedronownersgroup@gmail.com

Cheers

Mike Carter

• Like 1

Hi Hannah and the family.

Decisions, decisions!!!!!!!!

If all 3 Kedrons are well looked after, any of them will take you where you want to go, within reason and common sence. The 2012 ATV would be my choice.

Weight is an issue for all caravanners, particularly for those of us with off-road vans, beit a Kedron or whatever. Quite a few owners have gone down the path of getting their vans replated and have an ATM in excess of the normal 3500kg capacity. With your Landcruiser, Lovell Springs have a GVM upgrade to 3800kg, and a braked towing capacity increase to 4000kg. Considering the age of the vans you mention, their unknown history and build status, if you want to get the Kedron replated, I suggest you contact the factory before you purchase it to see if it can be done.

There is a lot to consider when purchasing a caravan and preparing to travel. The weight issue is definitely something to consider. Particularly considering all the 'stuff' the 4 of you need to pack in the van for a year long trip, and the extra 'stuff' you will probably collect along the way. But it can be done, and that's part of the fun.

It's great you are considering a gap year to travel this beautiful country and to go off exploring those many special places this country has to offer.

All the best, and happy and safe travels.

Peter

• Like 2