From the Presidents desk ...IMPORTANT. Please read & consider!

TonyH

To members of the Kedron Owners Group,

I trust this finds you all in good health and spirits!

Yesterday, (24th April) I received notification from Vice President Cathy Brown that she wont be standing for re-election at this years AGM.

Cathy cited in her notification on going health problems with Greg (her husband) as the reason for not standing again.

Greg has been in severe debilitating pain for many years following a bad (aren't they all) motor bike accident.

The pain is so bad that Cathy & Greg are reluctantly putting their van and 'tug' up for sale, as travelling this great country is something that they just cannot do in reasonable comfort now. I, along with you I'm sure wish Greg & Cathy all the best with his ongoing treatment regime!

At the upcoming AGM (around early October) I also will be standing down as President as my three year tenure will expire.

I ASK all members to consider standing for either Vice President or President when notice of nominations is called in a couple of months.

These positions, really will only call for minimal input in your busy schedules, the remaining committee I hope/believe will be re nominating for their current positions.....they are a pleasure to work with, I can assure you of that!

In a group like ours it is very important to have new blood (so to speak) to keep the group fresh with new ideas & ventures.

In closing, I again ask you again to seriously consider nominating for a position on the 'new' committee when nominations are called!

If we....... as a group can't form a new committee ....what happens then?

My phone is alway on if anyone wishes to call and discuss whats involved in either or ANY position....zero four one two 415466

Travel safe & CU down the road:D

Tony H

• Like 5

Hi Cathy and Greg.

I remember when we were part of the Kedron group that did the Great Central Road in 2013, and that Greg was suffering from back pain.......the roads weren't that bad!!!!!

I also remember talking to Cathy at the AGM in Canungra about taking on the Vice President's position. A position you took to heart and which you did a great job.

If you can turn up at a nearby KOG gathering for the day, or even a few hours, it would be great to see you both.

It must have been big decision to stop caravanning and put your rig on the market. Margaret and I wish you both the very best that the future holds.

Pete

• Like 4

• TonyH pinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

Hi all,

Just 'bumping' this up.....

We have had a fellow member put their hand up for the VP's position....thank you!

Still looking for someone to pick up the baton for the 'Presidents' position,....... don't forget it comes with a Platinum Amex Card ? only joking.....lol

Stay safe, hopefully you will be attending the AGM @ Murgon!

• Haha 1