PROJECTA DC to DC CHARGER

The Road Runner

I was wondering if anyone had installed a Projecta DC to DC 25 amp charger to a Kedron Top Ender and whether or not it was worthwile. I am a bit concerned about the smallish  anderson wire they've run to the batteries and the amperage of the blocking diode in the wire. Another difficulty I've found is getting an ignition wire back to the Landcruiser. Any advice would be appreciated as it's almost got me licked . Most wiring is inside the chassis or behind the outside panelling and hence hard to replace. Thanks for any help.

Good afternoon

Ted & Hermy

We bought new a Top Ender in 2007 & have never had any problem with the wire running from car, to Batteries on Van and why do you want to get a wire to ignition on Landcruiser, I had a 100 series Sahara & lifted carpet in back & fed wire under here then through door sills [lifting covers] & up to ignition this way.

Hope this helps

Neville.

Hi Neville,

I was going to mount the DC charger near the van batteries(it should be as close as possible to the batteries) but it needs a vehicle ignition wire to activate it .I think it draws a standby current all the time even if the car is switched off. Therefore a single wire has to be run back to the 'Crusier ignition to stop the charger operating if the car is hooked up but not working. This is a pain as I only have the usual 7 pin socket and all pins are accounted for.

The installation diagram also says the anderson wire  should be 8mm and I think the Kedron is only 4-6mm. I looked at increasing the Kedron wire but it disappears into the chassis & then behind the panel behind the solar regulator etc. It presumeably connects to an in line diode somewhere behind the panel as well.

Thank you for your advice.  Ted