Caravan Storage in Darwin

Snowy

Anybody got suggestions as to where we can store our 21'6 Topender and Landcruiser in Darwin area from October 2017 to June 2018 whilst we are back in NZ.

We escape our very cold winters here in Twizel and travel your amazing country catching a few Barra here and there and enjoying meeting fellow travellers on the road..Took the Topender from Brisbane to top of Cape York and back down to Karumba ,across the Savanah way to Darwin ,across to Broome and down to Perth 2 years ago . Last year (2016) we just did WA coast to Broome and favourite Barra spot and back to Perth and this year its Perth to Darwin where we need to store the van and cruiser before flying home so any advice much appreciated

Cheers

Graham and Jeanette 

New Zealand

• Like 1

Hi Graham & Jeanette,

Would I be correct in assuming that this storage period would be for an 'extended time'. From when to when, do you require power, or happy to be out in the open?

Answer these questions, for hopefully a beneficial response from one of our members. 

Cheers 

Hi Tony

Thanks for reply . Yes storage is from October (approx 12th) this year to June next year so say 9 months. No power needed as van has been stored outside for last 3 years and solar keeps batteries charged between our visits so happy for van to be outside. Landcruiser would prefer under cover if possible. also consider Katherine if any members have suggestion for there

Getting cold here -6 deg on monday and snow on the hills so looking forward to a warm Aussie winter 

cheers

Graham

Hi Graeme

There is a guy who lives in Humpty Do on five acres just out of Darwin and a CMCA member who was offering storage to members.  I have tried to find his details but unfortunately to no avail.  If you can send the CMCA an email and they just might be able to help.  I know there is storage at the airport but I don't know if it is short or long term or how secure it is.  I will keep digging for you just in case I can find it.

Found it....

ExploreOz forum member
Darwin  raveneten is his avatar so see if you can send him a message them.

Cheers

Merv

• Like 3

Thanks for the help guys,

ill make some calls and get it sorted as we leave NZ in July and would prefer to know its all arranged Before we actually get to Darwin. If your ever over this way or planning to be ,make sure you get in touch as we would love to show off our wee part of the world

cheers 

Graham

• Like 1