New front page pictures

Webmaster

OK, I finally sat and just pushed buttons until it worked and changed the front banner.  Now that I know how to do it I think changing the front will add some interest to the site and we could possibly get others to enter photos to be more involved.

Ideas?

Cheers

Happy webmaster that it worked

• Like 4

Probably a little trial and error in the beginning but possibly to the webmaster email address.  We could do a season thing perhaps - next month do winter - snow ones?  Then in spring wildflower ones?  Not sure if I can steal them if the files are downloaded to the site?  Another thing I will have to work out.

• Like 1

I think you would simply need to ask a contributor if you wanted to use their photos.  But the easiest thing is to simply put out a post generally saying "We have a photo competition running for new photos to place on the forum banner.  If you have a great shot which you are happy to have placed on the forum in a prominent place in our banner email me your images via the Webmaster email (insert email address) in a size between (insert size of images you require, eg between 1024x768)".

run the post again when you want to change the photos.

You then simply pick the ones you like.  Trust me, I have heaps I can send you!

• Like 2