Plenty and Donohue Highways

Chris

We are crossing these Highways in a few days time and wonder if anyone has recent know.edge of the track conditions. We are aware that the Birdsville races will be on soon and there is increased traffic on the road between us and Bedourie as a result.

if you see us in the road stop and say hello.  We have a gold LC200 series and Top Ender.

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

While I am not sure of its current condition, I can tell you that it has black top from Alice all the way to Atitjere (Harts Range) and they are continually upgrading it on the NT side ........Qld side is usually crap .......as normal.

I travelled it every 4 weeks for work and except for wet whether, it was always kept in good condition ........NT side that is 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we have arrived in Alice Springs after completing a crossing of the Donohue and Plenty Highways.  It was not too bad overall, given how late in the season it was, but very dusty as you would expect.  I have written two trip reports and am putting them up now as we have been offline camping in the West Macdonnell Ranges near Alice Springs.

If you enjoy the reports, I would love to hear your feedback :) 

Stage 6 August 2017 Carnarvon Gorge to Boulia.pdf

Stage 7 August 2017 Boulia to Alice Springs.pdf

• Like 2

Thanks Chris for a great report. All going well we plan to do a the same trip to Alice Springs next year. I shall probably read your reports several times before then.

Sandra