Called into the Mother Ship

Wandering Slaters

Today Paul and I called into the Kedron display center and spoke to Paul about the Topender 5.  Who should pop in for a visit but Glen Gall.   My goodness  they have made some in roads into these new vans.  So many choices my head spun.   Fortunately we have time to decide  which way to go.

Those who recently upgraded what was the selling point that did it for you?

• Like 2

Mother ship......ha ha

You guys need to speak to John & Maureen also Nev & Penny, they have ordered AT5’s

I’m lurking in the background.

Stay safe and have a wonderful Christmas 

Love & hugs

• Like 1

Hi Guys, how are you both?

It's a wonder you didn't run into Nev at the display yard at Kedron, he has been spending a lot of time there recently.  He has been going there several times a week always with pen, paper, plans and a tape measure. We all found Paul to be extremely helpful and he has had a lot of experience at Kedron.

As Tony said we are in the process of ordering and designing a new van, as are John and Maureen and another couple who are good friends of ours ( they came to the Xmas gathering).

We are going with ATV for weight reasons, although with the Chev we could have a TE but , all that extra bar work, unnecessary and they are not as wide as the ATV's (not by much) it does factor into internal space. No final plan as yet, that should happen soon when we go back to see Graham the designer at the factory next couple of weeks.

If you guys want to call Nev about anything he is always happy to have a chat. Happy to give you his number, usually works Thursday and Fridays.

Cheers

Penny

Yes indeed lots of thinking we have revised, altered, re done plans over and over, there are a few things that are must haves and we want more room at the table so it's a bit bigger and a bit wider where you sit as well as maximising storage etc.

John and Maureen seem to have made their decisions pretty quickly, but I guess they have been travelling for so many years now that they know what they like.

So many things have changed, improved and are now included from when we got our current van 6 years ago.

Have fun, it is very exciting.

Cheers

Penny

• Like 1

Hi Karen and Paul'

As you probably recall we have a 21FT  ATV2 that we took delivery of May 2009. We absolutely love it having added Sat TV an extra panel, Grey water tank and God knows what else. When we took delivery the Tare was 2,930 so we could just keep the ATM under 3,500 kg.The last few times we put it over a weigh bridge we were about 3,700 kg so after a lot of deliberation and because we love our Keddy so much we decided rather than buy a lighter van we would buy a Chevy Silverado to tow it with rather than our 200 Series Cruiser. Again we compromised and had Performax down grade the GVM to 4,495 kg from 4,540 kg this meant we could both drive it and tow the van with a standard license. With a suspension rated at 4,000 kg we had the boys at kedron  replate our van to 3,990 kg. All was then great and we really enjoyed our last trip earlier this year covering over 10,000 km. Back at our Retirement village we began to feel the end of the road was no longer something years ahead so we decided being north of 70 years of age we should have a last Hurrah and upgrade. Having experienced the fantastic Kedron service we didn't even consider another manufacturer so we visited Paul at the Display Yard. The AT now only comes as 21Ft and is designated an AT5 . We once again checked out the Top Enders and thought we didn't need the extra weight. Our ATV along with several others have traveled the Great Central Road Gibb River Road, the Tanami and birdsville tracks and have performed as well as the Top Enders. The AT5 was a no brainer for us. Like Nev we wanted a bit more space at the table but everything else suited us perfectly. We think weight will again be a problem in the future. Anyway enjoy your kedron they are brilliant !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that.  It does help to know the reasoning of others so that you know if you are going down the right road.  We are away at present but I think next years project will be to do some pen and paper working on the differences etc.  Great to see the new vans in person.  

We dropped into the factory last week and came across ATV42 and has a great yarn along with meeting Steve from Steve&Kaz at Hervey Bay.  Simply amazing who you meet and where.  We had a good look at the new vans and they will be remarkable. When ours is finally sold we would be looking at the brand new XC5, which is going to be just a tad lighter than our current TopEnder.

cheers 

Merv & Di

• Like 1

Hi Merv.

Was nice to meet you and Di at the factory last week. Always good to put names to faces. Hope the staff at Kedron looked after you.

I'm really happy with the ATM upgrade they did on our ATV for two.  With the new ATM of 3990kg I have a huge safety margin. We'll never get anywhere near that; if we do, we haven't learnt anything.

The Gall Boys are certainly turning out some great looking vans these days, and with a huge range of options being available.

Safe travels.

Pete

• Like 1