Newbies to caravanning and Kedron

We’re collecting our new van on the 1st Feb. We’ve never been caravanning before! As we live in SA just the journey home is going to be an adventure... I think we better listen well at our orientation day ?

Although we cant yet travel full time (that is the goal)... we have had lots of encouragement by folks to explore this beautiful country of ours and the Kedron looks like a pretty comfy way of doing it. So many people have said how they progressed from the swag to the tent - trailer - pop top etc so we thought we’d learn from them and just bite the bullet and get a van. 

‘We are really looking forward to meeting fellow campers. 

Jono and Becky

• Like 1

Welcome to the Kedron family Jono and Becky!

We are also in SA.  We are up in the Barossa Valley...It would be great to catch up when you get back.  Of course, we are away right now too, in Victoria and on our way back home in a week or two.

chris

Hi Jono & Becky,

Welcome to the Kedron fraternity, you are going to be so happy with your new van!

Dont know when your going to arrive in Brisbane..... but you would be more than welcome at the Australia Day gathering @ Kalbar....even without a van.....drop in and say hi..... you will be blowen away, Im sure with the friendship and hospitality of fellow Kedron owners!

Hoping to meet you on the road one day!

• Like 2

Hi there Jono and Becky.

Welcome to the group. How exiting is that, taking delivery of your new Kedron.

There is a lot to learn, understand and even to get your head around when taking delivery of your new van.  As a suggestion, and if you have a day or two to spare, book into the Lawnton Showground for awhile. The Showground is only a few kilometres from the factory, and it's only about $25/night with power and water.  This would be a great place for you to get to know your Kedron and to try all the different systems etc.  If you have any problems, it's easy to slip back to the factory to ask questions or get something fixed.

We live about 15 minutes from the factory, so I might pop into the Showground and see if I can find a nice shiney Kedron.

As for camping, well.............when you have a Kedron, you do it in style.

Cheers.

Peter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Jono and Becky,

Welcome to the Kedron Family.  As Tony said you are welcome to call into Kalbar and say hello.  Kalbar is not far from the Cunningham Highway west of Ipswich if you are coming that way.  We will be spending most of February travelling through NSW so our paths may cross.  Safe travels, exciting times for you.  We also agree what Peter has said  Lawnton showgrounds is a great place to get to know your van before you hit the road.

Cheers,

Sandra and Clive  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just as a follow up to Pete’s post above......it’s not really necessary to ‘book, as such’ into Pine Rivers Showground @ Lawton (on Gympie Rd.....just past Supercheap Autoparts)

Just turn up and Helen or Eric (caretakers, lovely couple) will look after you their contact number is  zero four five nine 023346

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Hello Jono and Becky,

Arrrrrrrrrrrr ................ the memories. We too were newbies to caravanning when we picked up our shiny new TE back in Nov 2010 and oddly enough there was a gathering at Kalbar the next day, which we attended and showed it off with pride. We also learnt a hell of a lot from the more experienced (OLD) people about the van and caravanning in general.

Since that proud moment, we have just competed 6 years of full-time travel and working around Oz and had the time of our lives.

I don't think there are too many roads and outback locations we haven't been and the faithful (now old)TE has done it all trouble free.

You have made a wise choice and we know you will have a great time with it.

Good luck with it all and remember ...................... If your not living on the edge..............................your taking up too much room

Cheers

Steve & Kerry

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys Thank you to everyone for all of your messages. I wish I’d checked sooner! I’m also struggling to navigate the forum so apologies if I don’t respond to anyone. Not sure how to like a post? We will definitely stay at the Showgrounds tomorrow - I think we should finish at about 3? We delayed collecting the van to have extra time with our girls. So collection 5th.

thanks for all the advice and number. Will update as we go!

jonathan and Becky 

• Like 1

Jonathan and Becky, if you have any questions about the forum just yell out and one of us will be happy to help.

chris

Hi Jono & Becky

I bet you guys are so excited.

I checked out the Lawnton Showgrounds a few times last week to see if you were there. We're heading off today, so we can't catch up.  However, there are 2 or 3 Kedron's there, so don't be afraid to introduce yourself.  I'm sure they will help you out if needed.

All the best, and safe travels.

Peter