Kedron ATV Tyres

Leon Brown

Hi ,

Van original tyres are 265/70/R17s shod with Goodyear Wrangler Kevlars which basically have a mud tread pattern.  These need replacing so I was considering dropping the tyres size  back to 265/65/R17 which reduces the profile slightly as this is a more common size.   I would then look at a good Light Truck All Terrain  tyre which would have a less aggressive tread.  What have been yours experiences? Any advice on tyres you have on your vans. 

Thanks Leon

Leon,

We have a 2007 ATV 2 which has a Tare Mass of 3.04 tons. I fitted 4 X Yokahama LT265/75R 119Rs mid November 2016. At the time my local tyre dealer advised that 116s have a load rating of 1250Kg, 119s 1360Kg and 123s 1550Kg. I selected the mid rating mindful of the fact that this gave me a 4 X 110Kg additional load rating for the van over the basic 116s.

Since then we have travelled only 11,400k but I have been very happy with the tyre performance.

Safe travells

Grahame

Hi Leon 

I have a topender and have travelled since 2005 around Australia I have used three sets of tyres in that time. In my opinion the important thing is to have a light truck tyre with an all terrain pattern with a good flat tread on the road. I travel on the sealed roads with 45psi pressure and on dirt 25psi pressure and never exceed 80k/h on dirt.I have only lost on tyre in 12years and have travelled a lot of dirt. I presently have General Grabber AT2, 265 /75/R16  tyres and have had a good run out of them.  

Regards Steve   

Hi all

We have just gone through the second set of Wranglers 265 75R16 made in all places, Indonesia, and both sets have worn out rapidly. There is no way known that I would fit them again.  I spoke to Ashley about them late last year and he amazed that they were not the USA made ones.  We are just about to fit a set of the new Falken AT3W Wildpeaks @$220.00 ea which makes them a great price and all the reviews have come in very positive.  

Cheers

Merv

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...