Adelaide back to Sydney

Kevin And Judy

Hi we will be picking up 2014 XC318 ft Kedron in the start of May from Adelaide and taken a week to get back to Sydney.

I got the Clearview mirrors

Getting air bags fitted to the rear springs

It comes with Mc Hitch no sway bars looks like it never has had sway bar fitted. Will I need sway bars or not

Looking at getting camera for car.

Advises on any other kit.

Rig land cruiser 200

Kedron atm 3000 kg

Tow ball weight 170 kg

Tare 2300 kg

Regards Kevin

Hi Kevin

Yes, weight is definitely an issue with caravans, regardless of manufacturer. I agree with Zolle, have the Tare Weight checked.

Also, since you have a 200 series Landcruiser to tow it with, have you thought of having the ATM increased to 3300kg or even 3500kg by Kedron before you take delivery. That would give you a great payload and may prevent any weight issues in the future; we all tend to load our caravans up a bit and thus the weight increases and increases.

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1

Hi Kevin 

I have a  6 Tonne McHitch on my 19ft 6in Top ender and I think it is the best thing since sliced bread. As my van loaded comes in at 3.6 tonne I have had the van and car up graded. I have air bags and sway bars which I think makes for a more stable ride. If you fit sway bars I suggest you get the ones specially for a McHitch as the universal on the hitch moves the pivot point back and effects the bars when you do a sharp turn with the standard unit.

Also when you buy a camera for the back of the van I would suggest you get one with a microphone in it as this allows your partner to give instructions when reversing. It surely makes for a lot less disagreements.

Regards Steve        

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1