Sign in to follow this  
Geoff and Marion Bowden

Cleaning out water tanks

Need to remove twelve years accumulated sediment in two 80l and one 60l black poly water tanks in ATV. Problem caused by half inch drain point not at lowest point.Any suggestions ?? Only access is via filling/drain point.Camec recommend tank clean.

• Thanks 1

Good Morning Geoff & Marion

I did this some time ago by removing the tanks from the Van which gave me better access for cleaning, there was also a plastic plug in our tanks which I removed, then partially filled with water & was able to give them a good shake & roll them around then letting all the water drain out, repeated this several times until clean water running out then for the last time filled with clean water & added the required amount of MILTON which is a cleaner you can get from the Supermarket, [used for cleaning babies bottles I think] let this sit for awhile then drained & flushed & re fitted tanks to Van, re connected hoses & filled with water & all was good.

Happy Travels

Neville & Kay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Geoff

The bung was next to the outlet is 10 or 12 mm, I guess there are baffles inside but one can not see inside the tank as the holes are small.

Neville.

If they are the grey plastic (Kedron) tanks, they will be baffled as that is how they promote them............................... that should sort your baffle-ing problem :D

• Like 1

Problem resolved -- drain and flush five times with more travel on rough roads which seems to have got the sediment into suspension -- also fitted five micron carbon filter - thanks again for the comments

• Like 2