Happy Australia DayπŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί & Blaze Aid

TonyH

Hi all,
Just touching base, Annie & I would like to wish you all the most wonderful Australia Day πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί

For the last two weeks we have been staying at Willawarrin (just west of Kempsey) Pony Club, which is the β€˜base camp’ for the local β€˜Blaze Aid’ team.
This area was razedΒ by bushfires on 9/11 (......last, bit ironic)
The devastation and stories you hear and see from the locals is heartbreaking!
The sight of the fires trail and sometimes random actions on adjacent properties is something to behold.
During our time here I been out most days, with other willing volunteers, repairing and rebuilding property fences, yes it has been at times heavy, hard work. But you only do what you are comfortable with. There is great comrade in the camp with fellow volunteers.
You are given three meals a day, (don’t come here if you want loose weight), early starts each day with usually an early exit to bed.
Annie has been volunteering in the kitchen along with others preparing all the sustenance to keep us all feed.....yummo, while others have been working on admin.
We are staying in our van, with power and water supplied (not sure if this is available at all camps).
Can I suggest you go to www.blazeaid.com.au have a look at the website and find a β€˜camp’ in an area that suits you.....give a day, a week or whatever to this very worthy cause.Β 
A couple of days ago we had a contingent of Australian Army regulars & reservists arrive here at camp (a really great bunch of guys) it has been a wonderful experience working along side them doing the fencing and sharing a meal together.....wonderful way to spend Oz day! You should see the β€˜toys’ they brought with them that unfortunately we can’t play with.....thank you guys for your service!
Have a great Australia Day πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί and remember www.blazeaid.com.au
Travel safe.....there are idiots out there.....

E59AC3CB-AE55-4481-A268-F0A17CC87131.jpeg

8101E43D-2344-4916-A8BD-910EA4AA132D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Four of the finest Reserves in the Australian Army, my Blaze Aid team had the pleasure and honour of working with them.

We (my Blaze Aid team & these guys) completed 363 meters of new fencing yesterday ......it was was long hot day with many laughs and fun. Chris (blue bandanna) is the property owner.Β 

Thanks guys for your service!A7164AEC-2021-45BA-9FDF-82916EC1B68E.thumb.jpeg.ab61ae40862baff1b92717ea101375cd.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4