Trip to the Flinders Ranges

Chris

Good morning Kedronners! 

I am sure many of you will be like us, and so keen to get out camping again.

South Australia has opened up camping, and so that's what we will be doing.  We are going camping in the Southern Flinders for a week and then further South at Mambray Creek in Mt Remarkable National Park for a further five days.. These two places are among our favourite camping spots (yes, yes I know, I have numerous favourite spots...).

We leave tomorrow morning and plan to be at Aroona Campground tomorrow night for four nights. Then we will move down to Mambray Creek.

I look forward to waking up to the sight of the ABC Ranges in the background and the sound of the wind in the trees!

Here is a photo of a previous trip to Aroona.

Will we see any other South Aussies out there?

aroona small.jpg

• Like 1

Ah but Karen, you are making the most of that time.  Your photos are amazing!  And you can now walk on the beach!!

• Like 2

On 14/05/2020 at 10:28 AM, Chris said:

Good morning Kedronners! 

South Australia has opened up camping, and so that's what we will be doing.  We are going camping in the Southern Flinders for a week and then further South at Mambray Creek in Mt Remarkable National Park for a further five days.. These two places are among our favourite camping spots (yes, yes I know, I have numerous favourite spots...).

We leave tomorrow morning and plan to be at Aroona Campground tomorrow night for four nights. Then we will move down to Mambray Creek.

I look forward to waking up to the sight of the ABC Ranges in the background and the sound of the wind in the trees!

aroona small.jpg

On 14/05/2020 at 10:28 AM, Chris said:

Good morning Kedronners! 

aroona small.jpg

Looking forward to your updates.Headed through there early next year.  Maurveen

We had a lovely time up at Aroona.  The weather was perfect there (as it usually is at this time of year) and although cool at night we have the diesel heater!  Aroona Campground is one of the best in the Flinders.  It has water taps at many of the sites and good rainwater tanks if the weather gods have been kind.

Maurveen, get in touch before your trip up there and I can share further information if needed.

A1C2335F-AD4A-4143-A9E8-87CB114EFDDB.jpeg

EA046B12-F056-42D3-99F0-D4D134A549C5.jpeg

• Like 1

And now, fellow forumites, we are down at Mount Remarkable’s Mambray Creek Campground.  This is just 50 kms South of Port Augusta.   Phone reception again...oh joy!

it is much fresher and greener here than up further North, due to the higher rainfall.  As long as it rains at night rather than during the I will be happy. 😁

Yesterday we caught up with fellow Kedronners who were camped nearby, Yvonne and Brett.  They are new to the Kedron family and I hope they join the forum which they knew nothing of until I told them about our wonderful group.

B6B013B9-198D-4C56-8AF6-984A5B0959DE.jpeg

8601B7DB-D781-425D-B90F-48C3EF2DDF72.jpeg