Hema Navigator

Bruce and Sue

Hi All,

In the latest copy of Caravan & Motorhome I was reading about the new Hema Navigator (advertisment). I understand that they were on show at the caravan show in Brisvages. Did anyone check them out or does any one know anything about them????

Bruce :confused1:

Hi Bruce,

Will have to admit, although I saw them at the show, I didn't check them out as I'm quite happy with my PDA with Tom Tom. I have all the Camps 4 POI's, and OziExplorer so didn't think I had a need for anything new.

Like you, I've seen them in various magazines etc., and now I wish I had at least stopped to have a chat with the sales person.

Guess I'll have to wait until the next show now, unless someone here can give us both an opinion on them.

I bought one. I have loaded it into Oziexplorer and am currently learning how to use it.

Hema comes with an abbreviated version of Oziexplorer.

I dont know the difference as yet. I believe Maddog is the expert. With a bit of coercing he may hold a beginners class at Vic High Country gathering!

Cheers,

Rosco

:shades:

Correction. I bought the Hema Rasta Maps.

Rosco

:shades:

Ah Ah. I just realised Navigator is a GPS unit. I like Sue have a PDA. Mine has Tom Tom built in.

I have loaded Oziexplorer but as explained before do not know how to use 100% effectively.

The benefit of this system is that (when I know how) I can plan out a trip and load it into the PDA or just follow my position on the laptop as I travel.

If you want a good site to help you and in my case, really confuse you about GPS units try:

http://www.gpsaustralia.net/

Cheers

Rosco

G'dayTeam,

Happy to help out with OziExplorer at Kennilworth - we get a buzz doing that stuff. Hema Navigator is a portable unit out of the same stable as the VMS unit that we recently installed in the 200 (radio out and the VMS gizmo in). Some useful links follow below that explain them in detail...

Hema Navigator - http://www.hemanavigator.com.au/hema_navigator_overview.html

VMS In Car PC Forum at GPSOZ - http://gpsoz.freeforums.org

VMS In Car PC = http://www.vmscarpc.com.au/index.html

The VMS In Car PC pops straight in to the dash replacing the existing radio and uses much of the host vehicles wiring. Consists of MP3 Music, AM-FM, DVD Player that can support back seat screens for the kidz, BlueTooth mobile phone connection including your contacts list, Route 66 Navigator and Imbedded OziExplorer which is a bit differnet to both the PC and CE versions but works really well once you get the gist of it.

Hema Navigator is a smaller portable unit with Route 66 Navigator and Imbedded OziExplorer.

Both utilise SD card or USB for your Ozi Map, Name Search & Data Files and require the PC version of OziExplorer to manipiulate, upload and download. Best is NO MOVING PARTS, they are not windows based so in my opinion much more resisten to our outback corragations and no laptops and all the wires hanging around in the vehicle.

Good gadgets if you are seeking something to use with Camps4 waypoint files while on the run and no mess and stress!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Roger

PS: Kimbo & Ned gave us the "Super Tour" of Stockton Beach today - sensational!

Should read it all before hitting that button....

Yes, OziExplorer is on the agenda for Mitta Mitta for anyone who is interested!

Roger