HF Aerial Mount For LC200

TonyH

Greetings all,

I have just orderd a new TTD LC200 & I have a dilemma even before it has arrived. Heres hoping some one can help!.

The problem I have is finding a suitable position to mount an HF aerial on the vehicle. There is insufficant room on the ARB bullbar & there is no factory or accessory rear bar available yet for the 200 series. Can any one help/advise?

Regards & thanks

Tony H

19'6"ATV

Hi Tony

Madog and I are in the same Position as you and we are trying to find out what we can do also but at the moment no we are not aware of how we can overcome the problem.

Maybe Madog might have found out some clues on his recent trip and will chip in with his knowledge

Regards

Kimbo

G'day Tony,

Can I suggest you "hang loose" for a couple of months like Kimbo and I are as I understand there is a very effective answer in the wind in the form of some unique technology that will suit us 200 owners who choose to not fit a spare wheel carrier. Cannot say more than that at the moment other than "trust me" - gee that's a worry!

Roger

Thanks guys for the feedback....would really appreciate if you could please keep me 'in the loop'

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony

Hows it going long time no hear???

We will certainly keep you in the loop no worries Im glad Madog come in here and hoping that the fix comes off as I am really keen to have the HF mounted into the 200 but with all the airbags and things in the 200 I am just not confident in the fitting of such so will be having this all done when I attend the Vic high country hopefully

Regards

• 1 month later...

Maddog & Kimbo,

Greetings I pick up the new oil burner with KDSS tomorrow, I'm like a kid on Christmas eve at the moment...all excited :biggrin: Have either of you guys or anyone who is reading this thread know anything more about the availability of a rear bar for the LC200 suitable for mounting an HF aerial. I believe Kaymar have a "bar" of sorts available but the way it has been described to me it sounds rather like an after thought & not very good on the eye, which after spending a TRUCK load of money for this new toy I dont want to put on some crappy accessory.

Regards & thanks

Tony H

19'6" ATV #848

LC200 oil burner with twin hair driers & KDSS

PS Any one reading this & contemplating purchasing a LC200.... ring Cessnock Toyota 02 49902722 incredible deal beat, big city dealers by miles in bottom line price....very happy!! :thumbsup:

Hi Tony

Here is what you are looking for and then you will need to get the bracket to mount the aeriel too it.

I have the bracket here of my old car but i will be holding onto it till after the vic high country trip till I see about getting the radio mounted by a guru in HF radios whilst down there.

Im just a bit wary letting just anyone mount the HF in the 200 because of all the electrical gizmo's in the vehicle and I havnt heard of anyone who has one mounted in the 200 as of yet

Kimbo

Mmm OK I cant remember how to post a pic here so I will post it in the photos section under my album 200 series Ok

• 1 year later...

G'day Team,

The solution is very close. I had an update from my "in the know" contact last Friday.

The new Codan self tuning aerial is about to go into production and is expected to be available by Christmas (this Christmas - 2009) - it has been a long wait.

The new aerial is a 2 piece unit - all the tuneing gadgetry is tucked in behind the bull bar or where ever you choose to put it and the actual aerial is around the same size and weight as a larger end UHF aerial so no problems mounting it on your bullbar. It will interface with existing units.

Pricing is expected to be the same as that for the standed self tumer.

Victor 7570 hopes to be back on the airwaves soon.

We are bak home now for a SHORT time LOL :sad: have trtied calling you on radio a few times but havnt got you ??

Actually we had a few good nights with ya neighbours Adam and Linda? and kids whilst down in the flinders ranges

Will try calling you tomorrow see how we go ??? and how is everything going?

Hi Kimbo and Tony. Sorry to hear that you have made it bck home Kimbo enjoyed our time in the Flinders with you. Since then we have travelled the Oodnadatta track all around the Macdonnell ranges and back down again now on the Murray waiting to go to Tassie on the 5th for 6 weeks (any tips?) Then to Sydney or Chrissie. Waiting for the new membership to kick in 1st Nov to see if there are any gatherings we can go to. Don't know where the Kedrons are we have only met one other after you guys hope to see you all soo Aam and Lynda

Hi Adam & Linda + Kids

Glad to here all has been going good and that you are travelling well.

The only tip that I can tell you is go check the docking area for the boat to tassie the day before you go and make some plans as to how you will tackle it, ie waiting there isnt that much room for vans and such unless you park along the promenade and to do that you would need to be there very early as some were doing, 9am in the morning when I had a look a few weeks bak and can assure you it would be bedlum with the van and as you have the kids that would really test the patiance trying to entertain them but in saying that you would be right beside the beach and could keep them entertained swimming and building sand castles LOL.

Oh and you might be going to Tassie around about the same time as the Oddcouple from the group also Novacastrians so you might catch up with them.

New Kedron owners on their maiden trip and I'm sure Steve will make contact when he see's this message

Enjoy

Hi Adam,

We went to Tassie at Christmas and quite a few vans have been down that way since so you should get plenty of tips on what to see. Hopefully our blog is at the bottom of this with our trip on it. Plenty of free camps around and nice places to rest and get your breath.

Have a great time and might see you round.

• 1 month later...

Hi Team,

A bit to late for your Christmas stocking but it is getting closer - have a look at the attached post-37-1261551270_thumb.jpgpicture of the new Codan lightweight aerial.

C'mon Roger, more info please

Kimbo, currently working at Balgo (Wirrimanu) Aboriginal Community 3hrs south of Halls Creek, (also looking after Mulan & Billiluna communities) looking after the essentail services here all going well but Wendy is in Sydney looking after her parents.....going to be a very quiet Chrissy this year. Toyota & Kedron are in Broome in the yard of the company that I'm working for ......hoping they survived the recent cyclone.

Regards to you & Ned, & again to every one else Ho,Ho,Ho, :thumbsup:

P.S. any KOG member coming up this way want power & a place to stay, reply via this post...plan 2 b here until at least April maybe longer for those interested go to 'you tube' & do a search for Balgo Landrover you can see some of the beaut country & its starting to go green now, we have had 7" of rain this week!

Hi mate was thinking of you during the storm and was wondering how you survived ????

That Billiluna we called in there on the way across the tanami and topped up some fuel, is an interesting town :sad:

Yep and to you and Wendy and everybody else on the group that reads this posting hope you all have a merry christmas and a happy new year