Armidale Area ?

dazmit

Hi All

My son & I are heading off in the Mighty Kedron for some male bonding shortly for 1 week around Walcha , Uralla , Armidale area. I've had a brief look at Dangar Falls, Wattle flat and Styx river before but that was very brief.

Does anyone have any great places to stay where there are some good 4WD tracks ?? Some suggestions on good 4WD tracks will also be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Darryl,

Just looking at some info in my NSW folder here and there is an article about Wollomombi Falls, one of Australia's tallest, is halfway between Ebor & Armidale.

http://www.armidale.info/nationalparks/wollomombifalls.htm

There are a couple of links on the page as well that you may find interesting.

Darryl,

If you want a free camp try Dumaresq Dam Recreation Area. Chris & I stayed there and its a real gem. :D

If you have a canoe or boat take it. The weekend will be very busy but midweek you should have it all to yourself. See 139 in Camps 4.

Regards

Rosco

Good morning daryl,

Sorry it's taken so long to reply. ( work is the curse of the caravaning man )

Apsley falls which is 10 minutes east of walcha is our favourite. Good bush camping. Fire pits and wood are provided for the camp oven. water is available. Good walking tracks around the spectacular falls. No 4 x 4 areas.

Riverside which is down from the bottom of the falls is also a great little camping spot. ( Limited people allowed. You now need to book with National parks in Walcha and obtain a gate key for access.) Very steep drive in and you will need low range for about 5 km's to pull your van out. I have seen a few vans in there, However have never taken one myself.

Dumeresq dam 10 km's from Armidale is quite nice overlooking the water. Boats are allowed but no motors. What a pity.

There is also Wollomombi falls, Dangar falls, Metz gorge, Kundarang, Mann River, Comara, New England National park all have camping facilities and are all worth a stay

Have a great time in the great outdoors

Mike and Kim

Hi Mike

We will be in the area from Next weekend if you would like to meet up, just p/message us and we can give you some more details.

Just keep an aye out for 2 Kedrons in and around town,Topender and a XC. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Be Good to enjoy a beer around a fire and have a chat