200 Series GVM Upgrade

Kimbo

Hi all

Just had the suspension upgraded to the Old man Emu 200kg constant with a 50mm lift, shocks fitted were the N208s front and the N210 rear with the 703 springs front with the 723 springs rear with poly air bags fitted and it certainly did stiffen the ride but isnt an uncomfortable ride which I like,the front did come up 80mm from standard which did get rid of that nose down effect that the 100 and the 200 series both have.

Ride so far and towing I have found the car to be much better and this set up seems to suit the 200 very well towing the topender IMO.

I certainly in hindsight would hold of on fitting the airbags with this setup as I think at the moment they arnt required time will tell but.

Big plus to me was that by fitting this suspension I also was able to up my GVM to 3580KG

(originally 3300kg) which makes most of my accesories fitted now nearly at a standard where I have started of at scratch so I still have nearly the original above the tare for load carrying A BIG Bonus.

Acc fitted :- ARB bullbar with 9000lb warn winch,rear drawers with full recovery gear and heavy tool box,70L Longranger Aux fuel tank max 168L of fuel,

To be added:- is rhino boat loader and boat with roofrack fitted with some light gear for boat

As per rego papers tare now reads 2590KG and the GVM is 3580 KG giving me a load carrying capacity of 980kg gotta be happy with that

Went to the insurance co and informed them today and as this is a modification my excess went up by $100 which I was Ok with also

if any body needs anymore info regards the upgrade I can answer your queires just email me

Regards

Regards

Kimbo with the raising of the front 80mm over standard how far do Toyota recommend before you affect your warranty? reason for asking nephew asked and was told he could raise his Prado 25mm front max and 50mm at rear without voiding warranty (2008 VX Prado) When you slot the Riken 21" wheels under it ,it will

really stand out, you may get a better choice of tyre if you go the extra to 24" and 10 "wide rims.

see you in 3 weeks will take orders then

brian

warranty is now taken over by ARB and OME regards suspension and no I wont need bigger rims found out how much 17" tyres are and they are too BLOOOODY much against the 16's.

and off topic do you want me to talk to my mate re that HF before I leave for mitta??? is a great price I have been informed (for the AR model) thru my network Im actually thinking after you have 1st opportunity if you dont buy I might purchase it?

Regards

Kimba, Just wondering if you have any problems with your 200 series using excess oil? Also what sort of arb upgrade did you get, the 280kg extra gvm was that necessary to tow your van or an added extra from the upgrade? Ralph&Lizzy

Hi Ralph and Lizzy

Yes I am using approx 1L /6000 klms I have had toyota do a report on it but they consider this well within what they consider normal and Im not overly concerned about this amount of usage either.

The 280kg GVM upgrade is allowable once the suspension has been fitted and it was just a matter of getting the engineer to sign of on it.

The reason I wanted to do this was was because the original suspension IMO is too soft and toyota genuine suspension has never been the greatest for real off rd work and once the accessories are fitted your GVM is compromised and the GVM ugrade just makes me feel that more comfortable when I'm travelling as I should be within my limits when Insurance co's start checking if I was to have an accident.

The kit I had fitted has the parts listed in the original meesage above

Regards