EZYGO outboard motor cradle

Fieldsie

I'm considering buying an EZYGO outboard motor transporter and cradle $875 delivered to Redcliffe) to store my 10 HP in the back of my ute. Can anyone recommend this device or is anyone familiar with any other product that will do the job. Anyone got a second hand one for sale?

Fieldsie

I am familiar with them and had planned to get one, but have since set up a method to carry my motor on the caravan draw bar and lift it with a simple crane.

Early last year I was asked by The New Inventors (ABC) to review the product for them. They got onto me via the ExploreOz website as I had been a major contributor to an article on that site on roof top boats.

I can say the Ezygo is well made, all stainless steel and very easy to use. An attraction is that you get a motor trolley for use at home and on the road as well as a loader and retaining system. The only disadvantage is that (depending on your vehicle and where it will be mounted), it can take up a fair amount of space, but this can often be overcome by adjusting your packing method.

Garry Bilston (who makes the Ezygo) and his wife Lyn are very nice people and very helpful as well.

Hope this helps,

Norm C

• 2 weeks later...