Tinted double glazed windows

32KEV

:question: Firstly could anyone help with info on how to clean the roll up gauze,also i have sealed the slots in the frame top & bottom but still have lot's of insects entering the van when T.V is on some are as big as match heads, any help would be appreciated.

My good lady tells me that Tablespoon in Half bucket of cold water does the trick for screens.

As for the bugs,we have filled the slots with Selley`s no more gaps. It seems to have stopped the bugs getting in there. But the little mongrels still come through the Four seasons hatch.

Regards

Rick & Lea :confused1:

I asked this same question when we bought our van.

The most success I have had is to spray the fly screen with a white king bathroom cleaner or similar, but you need someone on the other side with a cloth so that is sticks to the screen, then have the person on the other side hold the cloth on the screen on the same part you are rubbing, so that you can put some weight on the screen (of course this is for very dirty screens, ours were a red colour in places when we bought the van)

Hi Rick and Lea - long time no see! :biggrin: (For others - they were at Girraween NP with us for a few days up until Monday this week!).

Rick - a tablespoon of what? Napisan perhaps?

Chris

Chris

And that was before the red wine .Sorry about that,yes it was Nappysan!!

Rick

Lea & Rick,

Have you done something about screening the two vents for the fridge. Our ATV has a 230L fridge and a top and bottom vent 450mm X 160mm which has a plastic grill on the outside with clear access to venting to the inside of the van at the bottom of the fridge. The gap is big enough for flying ants and others to get in.

The solution is either fit a roll of flyscreen or gnatscreen to the inside of both grill holes. Stick on velcro will keep it in place, or silicon up the vent slot at the bottom of the fridge. As mentioned by others the operating arms of the 4 Seasons Hatch will let in mozzies - Baygon surface spray on the flyscreen area around the arms seems to help.

Wendy & Grahame

19'ATV

L'Cruiser 100 TD

We had quite easy to see, match head sized gaps in our screens of our four seasons hatch. When we took the van back to Kedron after our shakedown trip I informed them that insects were entering through these gaps and they sealed them with clear silicon sealant. It worked but I hope I never have to remove the screens for any reason.

Cheers

Russ.

Hi Russ,

You will have to remove those vents at some stage for cleaning, it's surprising how grotty they get. Removal & refitting for the first time will be a little daunting but once you have the knack it will be a breeze.

Peel off/back at one of the top corners, all the way along then push the lower edge out for easy removal, when you have removed the screen have a look at the moulding on the screen, then put your hand through the opening & feel the profile that the screen clips into.....you should be able to work out how it goes back together.

Wash in warm soapy water then refit all in reverse order. Reseal 'slit' in lower center area of screen if desired

Hi Tony,

It's the "peeling off and back" that worries me as it looks like the silicon sealant used to seal the insects out will also stop me from removing the screens!

Cheers

Russ