Northern Territory Trip Jul 09

King and Deb

Just thought I'd better clear up a misunderstanding. King and I are travelling to the TOP END in the northern territory not THE CAPE in northern Qld (03/07 to 31/07/09). However if anyone out there will be on the road we'd love to catch up. At this point I think we are heading off out through Roma, Winton, Mt Isa and then across to the Stuart Hway and north. Not quite sure which way we'll be heading home though...there's a thought maybe we won't come home....just keep travelln'

Cheers

D

Hi King & Deb,

We are off end of may via Yowah for a bit of opal diging then Windora, Boulia the Plenty to Alice then Tanami, Buntine, Duncan Hwy's to Litchfield NP We should be on the Stuart Hwy about the first week in July on our way to Litchfield for about 10 days, then back to Mataranka adn out to Roper Bar then down to King Ash Bay, Borroloola then see if we can get down the Savannah Way to Hells Gate, Burketown. Then down the west to Longreach, Carnarvon Gorge then home about the end of August, so we will keep a look out for you. White 100 series LC, 18'6" XC.

Regards Safe Triping.

Garnet & Joy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi King and Deb, Garnet and Joy

Have a great trip.

Just thought I would tell you of our crossing of the Plenty that we did with our 19.6 ATV last year.

We notified the Police at Boulia of our crossing and confirmed safe arrival at Police station at Alice.

We did our first Nissaan Patrol tyre only 60km of the bitumen but that was a risk I was prepared to take as I was carrying 2 spares and they were all about 60 - 70 %worn.

The road, well as per the advise we received last year, Drive to the conditions. I recall being 70 km out from Jervous Station and we were doing approx 70 kph. Then it was 60 km to go and we were down to 60 kph. and so on and so on until it was 30 km to go and , yes you quessed we were down to 20 - 30 kph

That was our longest hour ever!!!!!

The folks at Jervous were great with a nice camp site and good hot showers Fuel was available but $$$$$ high

Happy outback

Trevor and June

Hi Garnet & Joy

We'll be leaving for the Territory on 4th July heading straight to Darwin for a few days then to Litchfield, should be there sometime between 10th -15th July we'll keep an eye out for you. From there it will be Kakadu, Katherine Gorge and by then would have worked out which way we want to come home. Hope to meet!

King.

keep in touch Deb we are travelling REALLY slow at the moment "still in Mackay" but leaving here on Monday heading via Townsville then heading west destinations UNKNOWN but Kimberlies is on the agenda

Hoepfully we might meet up somewhere???

Regards

Just thought I'd better clear up a misunderstanding. King and I are travelling to the TOP END in the northern territory not THE CAPE in northern Qld (03/07 to 31/07/09). However if anyone out there will be on the road we'd love to catch up. At this point I think we are heading off out through Roma, Winton, Mt Isa and then across to the Stuart Hway and north. Not quite sure which way we'll be heading home though...there's a thought maybe we won't come home....just keep travelln'

Cheers

D

That would be right, dodging us hey! :laugh:

We were expecting a visit :thumbsup:

G'day King and Deb.

We're leave Cossack (WA) on the 13th June for a leisurely stroll across the top. Propose to go to Cape Keraudren, Barn Hill, Quongdong Point, Derby, Gibb River Rd, Kununurra, Katherine, Darwin, Litchfield and Kakadu, Mataranka, Savannah Way east of Mataranka all the way to Cairns.

We'll almost certainly cross paths somewhere and will keep an eye out for you and other Koggers.

Cheers

Russ