WHEEL LOCK NUTS

garnet

:confused1: Hi All,

I have been looking for some lock nuts to put on befor we leave on our trip accross the center but canot find any,,have been to ARB>TJM>REPCO< and most of hte others with no joy. THE 5 STUD WHEELS have large studs and are 33mm long.Rang KEDRON and asked but again no joy. Can anyone come up with a place to try !!!!!.

A Bit of Info, Does anyone have leaking oil seals,if so it may help if you take the hubs off and check the axle surface that the seal runs on. I repacked my bearings last week to find that 2 of the 4 surfaces had weld splater on them up to 11/2 mm and thats why the seals were leaking all the time,it had chopped them out.

One more thing while I am at it,,,Has any member done the trip Borroloola to Hells Gate > Burketown down the Savannah Way and if so could you let me know how it was. We hope to do it in July ??.

Happy safe Vaning to all.

Regards , Garnet.

18'6' XC, 100 LC.

Hi Garnet,

For the lock nuts have you tried a tyre service outlet say Goodyear, Beaurepairs or similar...reckon you'll get something there.

It's been eight years since we travelled that road (so a road report wouldnt be very current)....but we do remember the road being 'littered' with thousands upon thousands of empty VB cans courtesy of our indiginous brothers buying supplies from Hells Gate (now closed) & returning to Domagee.....but we will be doing it again late June....in the opposite direction after leaving Lawn Hill (via Bowthorn Station) & going in the direction of Darwin.

We'll give you a wave should we pass....pull up & have a cuppa

CU down the road :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Hi Tony H,

Yes I have tried all the tyre outlets,but no luck,they all have 14mm but if your KEDRON was built befor August 07 with 5 stud wheels then they are 9/16 studs and all the tyre outlets tell me no one made them that big - they went to 14mm for the 200 LC. Thanks for your reply,will look forward to a cuppa,late June may be a bit early for us,we will be in the Tanami to Halls Creek then head for Litchfield NP mid July.We are a 18'6"XC & White 100 LC.

Regards to you and Wendy

Look 4 U on the road.

Garnet. :shades:

I was looking for wheel nuts not long ago and found what i wanted here, I have ordered them through Supercheap, when i was trying to find the nuts i went to all the tyre places & they told me i couldnt get them and would be best to chage the wheels :confused1: . After some searching i found this site Speco wheel nuts, best of luck

Hi garnet,

Our van was a October 07 delivery & yes ours are 14mm, but I would still keep looking, have you checked out what is available from the US via the net?

Looking forward to possibly seeing you on the Gulf Development Road

CU doown the road