Test run for our new T/E

CCC

:confused1:

Fran and I are picking up our new T/E in early July. We will be spending no more than 4 days all up testing it out around the area of Kilcoy. We have no more than 2 days allowed for going somewhere and 2 days to return to Kilcoy and a day if necessary to visit the Kedron factory for any minor issues that we may find.

Then we will have to get moving back to the NT and our work. We would like suggestions from anyone who knows the area, about where would be the places to go? Free camping?

Your suggestions/ideas will be much appreciated.

Reg and Fran

Hi Reg and Fran

We spent an enjoyable couple of days with our van doing the loop from the Sunshine Coast (home) out to Kingaroy and back via Gympie > Kilkivan > Murgon > Kingaroy > Nanango > Yarraman (spent 2 nights at very nice van at Caravan Park in Yarraman @ $22 pn) > day trip through Bunya Mountains via Wutul and Kingaroy and back to Yarraman > Kilcoy > (over the hill to Beerwah) > Sunshine Coast. All good bitumen country roads. There a quite a few wineries in the region as well as Kingaroy cheese factory, oil factory and peanut vans etc. It can be quite cold at that time of year though, so a van park and testing the reverse air con might be a good idea. If you want to free camp, the Swinging Bridge park (48 hr stop) behind the Drovers Rest at Cooyar is very pretty and looks like it would be quiet but we haven't stayed there.

Alternatively, there are some nice forest parks at Kenilworth. Charlie Moreland and Booloumba Creek No 4 allow caravans at $5 per person per night. Kenilworth is a nice little town that has an excellent cheese factory with tastings etc. Eumundi Markets are open on Sat morning and Wednesday.

You can learn more about the state forest parks at www.epa.gov.au

Have fun

Tom & Jackie

Hi Reg And Fran,

I would suggest Peach trees Campground about 40klms nth of Kilcoy $4.85 pp pn water no power, toilets,bushwalks, it would be good for a shakedown tour as it has a bit of dirt, I would even take it up another 20klms then return as if you have anything loose this will find it also, check for dust inside.

I would'nt recommend a Caravan Park,I'd bushcamp so you use your solar,water pumps and general self sufficency, also you have a bit of a climb up a range(black top) to make sure towing setup, brakes etc are how you want them.

Great Travelling,

Neil and Julie.

Hi

We are off to Sandy Creek Camping near Kilcoy end of June for my brother and sister-in-law to test out their new ATV - mainly to test solar, etc with a camp fire and camp oven cooking thrown in.

Have attached the link to the website for your info

http://www.sandycreekcampin.com.au/

Cheers

Deb B

Hi,

Just out of interest, we were at Peach Trees on the weekend. Great spot to spend some time. I have attached (hopefully :confused1: ) a couple of photos.

Cheers

jeff

post-57-1243903161_thumb.jpg

post-57-1243903182_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to those members that have given some info. to help us with our test run travels around Kilcoy.

We will be on the road this weekend from our work place on the edge of the Kimberley to Qld and Kedron to p/up our T/E.

safe travelling Reg and Fran