OVEN DOOR

Wayne and Cheryl Byrne

Has anyone had problems with their oven door shattering? Our van is 3 1/2 years old and the front glass on the door shattered while we were travelling, leaving the other glass in tact. Not sure if it will be able to be replaced or whether we will need to replace the whole door.

We assume you are talking about a Swift oven. Ours has not broken but the inner glass panel did become dislodged between Katherine and Nuhlunbuy, luckily it didn't break. The door seemed rather flimsy, so we added some extra rivits to strengthen.

Robert & Jane Jones

Hi Guys,

Our oven door glass (the inner one) came adrift also, luckly it didnt break.... I 'reworked' the 'feet' (at the bottom of the door) that the piece of glass sits on.....so far so good...... I think the overall contruction of the stove/oven unit leaves a little to be desired. The insullation around the oven also has given way & has come away from where it should be (around the oven) & fallen down the side of the oven restricting/obsturcting free operation of the oven door. Will get the ever smiling Ashley to look at it when next at Brendale.

Van is currently in Darwin...unfortunately Wendy had to come back to see her sick mother & I then had to come back & see my father, after he had a fall :sad: beginning to think its our parents turn to get back at us for our misspent youth. :thumbsup:

CU down the road