Tasmania here We come

Lionel and Margaret

Lionel and Margaret are heading for Tasmania and only 9 sleeps to go. We are travelling to Melbourne via the Coast road and board the Spirit of Tasmania on the 12th September. We will be travelling around the island until the 4th November when we get on the Spirit then head for home. If anyone is travelling in that directing we would love to see you. If those who have travelled to Tasmania would like to pass on any must does please let us know.

Cheers Lionel and Marg

Lionel and Margaret,

You will enjoy every part we did. Our blog has our Tassie trip with lots of interesting places that we stayed. Have a great time, should have our new van by the time you get home so will catch up over a campfire and have a drink.

If you get into Corinna, the Piemann cruise was a lovely peaceful day out to the heads.

We leave Monday for the UK have fun.

Cheers

Hi there Lionel and Margaret.

You will just love Tassie, it's a place made for travelling. Watch out for the Tassie drivers though, they tend to drive too fast for the unexpected and cut the corners.

Margaret and I had 3 months travelling with our ATV for two over the 2008/ 2009 Christmas/ New Year period and just loved every minute of it.

Have fun.

Peter and Margaret. :thumbsup:

Hi Lionel and Margaret, When you come to Hobart if you wish give me a call. If the holes in the Swiss cheese line up we may be able to catch for a coffee. There are three Kedron owners in Tasmania to my knowledge. I would suggest you purchase a book, Free Camping in Tasmania,it would be a great help to you. My mobile is 0418120942. Safe journey, Bruce

PS. Don't worry about the locals cutting corners. With two heads and four eyes the locals have you covered :laugh:

Hi again Lional and Margaret again, just realised that we are going to be on the same sailing[12/9/09} to Tassie.We will be returning home after three months touring on the North Island. As of today we have clocked 12000 kls and are overnighting at Macksville. You have my number,we may catch up on the boat or before.Van rego is Z66CS. Cheers, Bruce :thumbsup:

Hi Bruce and Sue

We would love to catch up with you on the boat or before if we are in the same place. Our mobile is 0410 624 873 Please don't hesitate to call. Our van is a ATV 19'6 internal and have blue trims. Rego is 484 QNO

Cheers Marg and Lionel

• 4 weeks later...

Margaret and I had 3 months travelling with our ATV for two over the 2008/ 2009 Christmas/ New Year period and just loved every minute of it.

Peter and Margaret. :thumbsup:

Peter and Margaret, Kabby and I are planning on spending about 3 months in Tassie from mid Dec 2009. Probably a similar time to your trip - just 12 months later.

I'm interested in your thoughts on places to focus on during the peak holiday time that will avoid the crowds. We need to organise our travel to make best use of the time during the peak school holiday period and also the few weeks we will be there after the peak period. Any thoughts on this?

Regards

Norm C

I was told to search for this file at the last caravan and camping show, its a list of farm gates.

We will be down at the same time so if you see a white Land Rover Discovery and QLD plates give us a wave becuase if we see you with the van on we will be sure to give a wave.

Hi there Norm & Kabby

We were actually in Tassie from mid November which was perfect because it gave us 4 of 5 weeks to visit all the hot spots before their school holidays started. Once their holidays start, about a week before Xmas it is very hard to get into places, so that's when you free-camp more than usual and just cruise around. The showground in Hobart, although not free, is a better alternative to the crowded caravan parks around Hobart.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Peter & Margaret