Towing on Moreton Island

Roadrunner

:question: I have a Topender 21' and wish to take the van on Moreton Isalnd to our favorite site previously visited many times with our Kimberley Kamper. The site is on the West side just south of Cowan Cowan.

Staff on the Moreton Venture say they have seen a few vans towing successfully at low tide.

We tow the van with a Toyota Landcruiser 200 series, DTT

:question:

Has anyone ever experienced this or has had other experiences towing on the beach. I am looking for a few tips or perhaps just basic advice.

Gday Roadrunner,

We've towed the van (18'6" XC behind a F250) on Straddy. No problems at all. We let all tyres down to 18PSI and the van and truck "floated" over the sand (even soft sand).

I have driven the beach on Morton and, as you would know, you don't get a nice wide beach of hard sand and the sand above the water line is very soft.

A 21' TE, in my opinion, will deliver you a challange. I would give it a go on low tide but I would take heaps of recovery equipment and only travel on the falling tide. I now carry Maxtrax, great for sand.

Lots of luck,

Rosco

:pray: