Nissan Patrol 3Lt

The 3T's

Hi all,

We have just purchased a 2002 XC, ATM is 2350. We are now after a tow vehicle and are looking at a 2008 Nissan patrol 3lt TD - Manual. Does anyone tow their van with one of these and do they tow well?

Cheers

Niels & Cynthia

Hi Neils and Cynthia

I have a friend with a 2006 3.0lt Nissan. They hve just done a trip from Bendigo to the Cape with a 2t camper trailor. His words were the car is great with no load but rubbsh with the weight on the back ( I have not used his exact words ) he is planning on selling the Nissan and getting the interecooled 6 cylinder Nissan or the turbo 100 series. Hope this helps

Adam and Lynda

Hi all,

We have just purchased a 2002 XC, ATM is 2350. We are now after a tow vehicle and are looking at a 2008 Nissan patrol 3lt TD - Manual. Does anyone tow their van with one of these and do they tow well?

Cheers

Niels & Cynthia

I have a 2008 Patrol CRD towing a XC with an ATM of 2750kg very well.

When new it had bad fuel consumption towing and not towing of around 20l/100km & 13 l/100km but got better with use.

On the last trip around mid east and south of WA fuel consumptions are shown in the attached file.

I am running a DIGI chip which made a big improvement to low down pulling power and general drivability.

I have also been playing with adding 2 stroke oil to my diesel which definitely makes the engine quieter and appear smoother but changes in fuel consumption are marginal.

The Patrol as standard struggled on grades where it was too steep for 4th but 3rd was really too slow but now it cruises effortlessly at whatever speed I want to use

I believe the CRD engine does not have the renowned problems of the earlier Patrols.

The suspension is standard except for airbags in the back.

My Patrol is a very good tow car all roads - bitumen, graded dirt and a variety of tracks.

Your lighter weight van should be a very easy tow for a CRD Patrol particularly after chipping the engine.

Cheers

John

tripoct09f.pdf