Gas BBQ Bayonet Fitting

Tolley

Hello Everyone,

We are sitting on a cold and windy Eyre Peninsular but enjoying good seafood.

Has anyone else had a problem with their BBQ bayonet fitting? Mine is a Bromic which I imagine is standard for Kedron. The problem is getting the bayonet to go in and if by chance, and a lot of effort, I am successful the problem is then to get it out! I think the problem is the rubber O ring inside the scabbard.

I would really appreciate any advice and suggestions as to a fix.

Regards to all

Colin

Hi Colin & Gayleen

I keep the male part on the hose lubed with Lanox or any good lube that will not worry the seal in the socket.

We had the same trouble until this fix.

Regards to the four of you :D

Hi Colin & Gayleen

I keep the male part on the hose lubed with Lanox or any good lube that will not worry the seal in the socket.

We had the same trouble until this fix.

Regards to the four of you :D

Hi Rod and Mavis,

I had the problem fixed, for a price, in Port Lincoln. I went to the caravan workshop there (having called the prevuious day) to find the maintenance foreman had just been rushed away due to being hit by a burst od ammonia!! Poor bugger. At their suggestion I went to a plumber and gas fitter a couple of streets away. My problems were being caused by the rubber? O Ring in the female fitting. They removed the old one but the only replacement they could find in PL was one in a gas fitting they had in store. So, $107 later, I owned a domestic 90 degree female gas fitting from which we extracted a two bob rubber O ring and fitted it to my van!! At least it works and has solved the problem.

On the bright side, I found a carwash that takes vans so the TE and LC are clean again after the mud from the Flinders ranges. Further, we are tonight in Coffin Bay and, let me tell you, we have just had a great feed of natural oysters and whiting accompanied by a bottle, or two, of Polish Hill riesling fronm the Clare Valley. Who cares about the $107 gas fitting......

Gayleen and the two poodles are well!!

Regards

Colin