Custom Made Fridge/Genny Slide

Webby

I have been given a couple of photos from Tom at the Kedron factory from someone who contacted Black Widow to have a low profile custom made fridge slide made.

I have contacted Black Widow and they confirm they made the fridge slide, but they did not make the genny slide. As you can see they are very similar, but I am interested in the genny slide in particular and contacting the owner to obtain more information on the slides. The number plate on the Patrol is "Damage", so shouldn't be hard to spot.

So if you're the owner and you are reading this, please in contact me as I'd love to have a chat.

Cheers

post-1-0-13777000-1322025985_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-15189700-1322026005_thumb.jpg

Hi Sue & Ann

Heres a good place to start http://www.bestoffroad.net.au/tradies_&_custom.html

I assume that you are thinking of a Yamaha genset for your new van? This slide setup shouldnt be to difficult to sort out. I would think that the site above would set you on your way with locating or suggesting suitable slides & getting a tray to attach possibly a sheet metal worker? Can I suggest you send them a copy of the photos & a request for assistance/advice? (let them know the weight of the genset.... also don't know if you are aware that if you have an item (Yamaha 2.4kVA Silent Generator) weighing say 32kg's it exerts approx 3 times 96kg's its static weight when bouncing around so you will need slides & mounts to handle this weight) :)

Also in passing....not having seen your floor plan & not knowing your layout I can only say the positioning of the genny box at the rear of the van makes good sense, reducing the weight on the drawbar!

Hoping this is of assistance.

Hi Sue

I finished making a slide for my yamaha last week looks similar to your photo very tight with measurements but can be done.Picked up slides from bunnings

capable of holding 265kgs . Fits real good ,tight with measurements but if I can do it any body can, give me a call if you like on 0403287044 and I will explain

to you how I fitted it.

Regards Kakadu.

• 8 months later...

Hi There Webby,

New to the KOG family, as we picked up our new XC3 a few weeks ago.

I was the guy that made both slides (not black widow) for my boss' 2009 Topender - DAMAGE

As the generator slide is the one that concerns you it can be made may any competent metal worker. If you are still wanting to discuss this, please get in contact with me & we can go from there..

Cheers Roddo (& Stace)

Hi Roddo

Thanks for taking the time to post. Yes, I was searching for some info on that Genny slide when our van was being built back in January, and as you suggested I got in touch with a metal worker who made the tray. I used the sliders from a Black Widow slide.

It was a tight fit, but with some tweaking, the 2.4 Yamaha fits (just).

Thanks again.

Hi Webby,

KOG members, Alan & Liz Jones, Posted 13 January 2012, photos and a description of the pull out slide hemade for the Yamaha 2400i.

I thought it looked the goods and kept a copy of his post. You might do a search on this site.

Regards

Colin