TV's

Ian and Jill Brown

Hi Ian & Jill

The 19 or 22 inch TEAC High Definition TV that Kedron use are pretty good. We have used the 19 inch for several years without any troubles, it has an inbuilt DVD player for when you are bored with normal TV. Check out JB Hi-Fi or similar places for a deal, they should be around $350.

Regards.

Peter & Margaret

Hi Ian and Jill,

We have the TEAC 22 in our van and its' great, has DVD plus provision to record to a USB stick if you don't want to miss something while you are out seeing the sights, yes we have used it. :thumbsup:

G`Day

Ian & Jill

We have a Grundig HDTV/DVD 19inch.We purchased it from Springers about 2 Yrs. ago. it is a beauty ,uses 3.2 amps per hour and is very light.It is about 3/4 of the weight of the TEAC we had originally, and our opinion is a better picture :thumbsup:

cheers

Rick & Lea

Hi all

Just this week we purchased a 19 in hi def with auto search TEAC 12v TV with DVD, which works off 240v to a transformer. (It was on special for $299 LCD) Today I went to the same auto elec that we used for our fridge problems (see battery thread) and he suggested cutting off the transformer and replacing it with a direct 12v plug, so the end result would be a 12v plug, 5 meters of cable (to enable the TV to be in the annex) to the power pin (the one that came with the transformer - he tells me that it is difficult to get a proper pin from electronic stores) into the back of the TV. Our van has a 12v plug next to the aerial inlet. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Rod

Hi Ian & Jill

Why upgrade your TV?

We have carried an ordinary set top box attached to our Conia TV for 2 years which not only picked up digital programmes but in analogue areas also produced a far better picture than the direct signal connection to the TV.

It is a bit of "spaghetti" wiring with the sat box as well.

Cheers

John

Hi Ian & Jill

I believe there is a 12 volt set top box available from Dick Smith or Jaycar for those who want to operate on 12 volt only.

I might add that we have changed to a 12volt/240volt TCL 19'' LCD from Retrovision. They seem to run a special on them occasionally but you need to be quick because they go fast. From memory I think it was around $300.

Cheers John

HI Ian,

I'm not sure about other brands but the Teac (19" TV/DVD) we bought 12 months ago required a heavier 12V lead which I acquired from Springers. The standard one allowed too much voltage drop and some of the functions didn't work as they should. They may have fixed the problem since then, but if you have any issues this may be the cause.

We also had a set top box on our previous set but requires two lots of tuning in channels, two remotes and more wires. The Teac scans both analogue and digital and is simple to use.

Hope this helps, :thumbsup:

Glen...