Fridges

Mr Wato

Hi All

I know we have done this but some of the info that was on the site has disapered, we are looking at new van and Kedron said they are not doing 230lt Vitrifrigo,,

they are offering 2 x 90 lt engels 1 fridge and 1 freezer :confused1:

the other option is a waeco 215 lt

does anyone have these fitted ?? or know anything about them.

Thanks in advance

Cheers Phil

Hi Phil,

Bob and Grace went for the Waeco 215lt I think, and haven't looked back. They didn't like the Engels very much. Apparently they were very noisy. :confused1:

I suppose someone will correct if I'm wrong.

Cheers,

Kingy.

Right on Kingy

Bob and Grace demanded that kedron remove the Engels due to the fact that they ran constantly and were very noisy. The Waeco looks good and we have opted for it in our new van as well. Vitrifrigo's are still available on the market but the Waeco looks more robust, both use the Danfoss compressors.

It is hard to see any benefits of the Engels, who on earth wants a 90L freezer and only a 90L fridge. :confused:

Hi All

Thanks for Info, I was directed to where old info was and have decided to do the Waeco 215

Cheers Phil :smile:

The Waeco looks good and we have opted for it in our new van as well. Vitrifrigo's are still available on the market but the Waeco looks more robust, both use the Danfoss compressors.

Rod, what van are you getting and when is it due?

Why the move away from the Vitro?

Hi David and Jane

It has been too long since we saw you both.

Our new baby is a Spinifex due for delivery at the end of this month.

The Waeco that we saw in Bob and Graces new Kedron a couple of weeks ago looked to be a much more robust unit. The hinges and latches were a much better construction than the Vit and the running gear is the same in both. The Waeco also has a drain line which means no more drain tray to empty when defrosting.

Purely a personal choice. Our only gripe with the Vitrifrigo was the scuffing of the facia panels near the latches,the fridge has done us proud for nearly six years of constant running.

We did have the option of the Vitrifrigo. As a matter of fact we could have had what ever we wanted.

Please say hi to Jane for both of us. :thumbsup:

We have the twin engles fitted and initially the freezer was very noisy but when I tried it again 24hrs later it had quitened down considerably. On our first trip I didnt hear anything above the sound of the fan in the A/C. Since then I have nipped up the screws holding the cold plate inside the fridge and the freezer and I feel it has quitened both down considerably further. I like the idea of having two seperate units in case of break down out bush.But on the down side is the reduction in fridge space but I intended having a box in the tow.

Hi All

I spoke to Stan today about the 215 Waeco. He told me there is vent through the rough of the van and vents in the side.

He said you can not cover the vents and it may let dust in to the van....Not for me Have asked for Vitrifrigo

Cheers Phil

Rod Why the jump ship to Spinifex ? What have you ordered if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers Phil

Hi Phil & Darlene.

I do not believe that it would be appropriate to start a discussion on an opposition van in this forum.

Suffice to say that we have gone a little bigger and are getting a highly customised and innovative van of our choice.

We will not discuss this any further on this site.

Best regards to all.

Rod & Mavis.