Black Widow Drawers and 200 Series

Pete and Tracey

Hey all,

With the delivery of the 200 in April I am organizing the fitting of all the gear, most of which I have sorted. The only thing I cannot seem to make a concise decision on is the fridge slide setup.

I have a 40l engel and in the past with my patrols and 76 cruiser have opted for the black widdow draws with the slide on top. Worked well because these vehicles had barn doors. The 200 will be the first vehicle I have owned with the rear tailgate the way it opens. I will be sticking with the black windows draws.

I have been looking at the platinum drop down slides and the standard slide on top of the draws. My question is when the standard BW slide is used and out, can you lift the lid of the fridge properly to access without fowling the upper part of the rear door? Obviously the drip down slide alleviates this problem, but I see them as bulky and intricate. If you wish to remove the fridge you are left with the slide bolted on the draws.

What are some people's opinions that have both systems? I would appreciate them, thanks.

Hi Pete and Tracy,

We met you in Mt Isa last year, I have a National Luna 90 litre twin, its a big fridge freezer, I have stayed with the standard BW fridge slide. I did look at the Drop Slide but for me it took up too much space and as you said would still be there if you removed the fridge.

The fridge top which is hinged on the long side does foul the opened upper rear door and getting bulky things in or out is not as easy as it would be if I could fully open the lid, but, for the most part I have come to accept this small inconvenience and don't really find it too much of a problem.

If you opt to go for a DS then don't get the BW slide as the DS, the 60 at least is wider that the BW slide, not sure about the 40, that's probably OK if you want options.

Cheers, enjoy the new truck.

Hi Pete and Tracy

When we were setting up our 200 series we had a set of Boab draws from our Prado which we put in the 200 series we then put a fridge slide I to suit our 40 ltr engel it came from MSA 4x4 and it works a treat comes down on to the tail gate they have a web site www.MSA 4x4 .

Regards

Reece

Hi Pete andf Tracey,

I have a 100 series with tail gate. I have the Engel 40 L fridge in there. I fitted the Outback drawer and slide system. BW and Outback are basically the same. While I could open the fridge lid it was a pain in the butt and my dear Gayleen could not see into it withour a step or such. So, I fitted the platinum drop down slide and it has been great. Easy to use and makes the Engel easy to use including by those that are height challenged!

Regards

Colin