Lawton Showground update

TonyH

Hi all,

There has been posts recently about Lawton Showground as in poor or not very friendly reception on arrival & during your stay.

I have just left there after a two day stay, & had a very friendly, warm welcome from Helen (the new caretaker with her husband Eric who I didnt meet....during my stay).

For those who havent stayed at Lawton it is very close to the Kedron factory (only 5 or 8 minutes depeding on traffic), it has nice (huge) grassy sites, the amenities are adequate & very clean. Tariff is $20 per night.

For those interested, heading north from Brendale you go through Lawnton business district at the crest of a hill you will see a Supercheap Auto sign on the right at this stage you must be in the right hand lane as the turn off to the right (to the showground) is not far past this sign.

Springers are just down the road also for those who require their services, also. There are heaps of other associated services also in the same area.!

On a scale of 1 to 10 an easy 12. :D

PS I have no affiliation with management!!!!

Please to hear they have new caretakers, as you said the previous one was very "unfriendly". Alway remember to take the Aeroguard if staying there. Sandra :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

We arrived at Lawnton showgrounds yesterday and will stay for the next couple of days. The lovelly lady caretaker told us when we arrived that they are going to have to close off incomings on this coming weekend (may 29th) as they have a very large group of vanners coming in. Anyone wanting to stopover here at that time might be well advised to phone ahead and check availability.

cheers

Sue

Hi Ian & Sue

we dropped in on on our way back from having breakfast at the Strathpine Coffee Club this morning.

We got talking with the kiwi kedroners just down from you and they advised you hadn't long left. We informed them of Cobb & Co and Goomeri.

If you would like a good chinese meal - I'm sure Rod & Mavis would be only too happy to join you at Lai Lai which is just down the road at Petrie at the roundabout (I think they might be closed on Mondays??). Otherwise the Pine Rivers Bowls Club (West Wing Restaurant) is pretty good which is approx 3 min drive down the road - cnr Sparkes & Francis Rds, Bray Park. They have a courtesy bus - 07 3205 2677 - they have a $1 life membership and no we aren't on commission :)

Cheers

Deb & Glen

Hi Glen & Deb

Oh bother! What a shame we missed you guys - I was on a mission to resupply my Nespresso machine and had headed into Brisbane, only to be told by the guys next door that I could have bought them just down the road in Chermside.

Thanks for the tips on where to eat, at the moment Ian isn't much into eating, he has the dreaded lurgy! I think with all the stress of the past three weeks his immune system must be down as he never usually gets bugs, I have my fingers crossed that this warmer weather and a bit of rest will see him good for next weekend. If not he will be in quarantine :rolleyes::D

See you all soon

Sue.

Do not move you two :D

We will catch up in the next couple of days.

Cheers too ya

• 2 weeks later...

We thought we might try Lawnton Showgrounds as it sounds great. But have you tried to find the phone number? I have searched with absolutely no luck. Google can't find it. Whote pages doesn't list it. I also searched for Pine Rivers Showground at lawnton. No luck. I guess we will have to go elsewhere.

So for future reference, does anyone actually have a number for them?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sorry to say but I discarded my paperwork/receipt which had the contact number for the caretakers Helen & Eric on it.

But if you were to turn up unannounced I doubt very much that you would be turned away. If on the very odd chance they couldn't fit you in there are other 'conventional' caravan parks not to far away

The gates at the showground are locked at about 7.00pm....when I was there about 5 weeks ago council was doing road works around the entrance gate, not that this made entry difficult but just a little harder to pick out. The entrance is just past or before (depending on approach) Supercheap Auto Parts & there is a turn off lane if you are approaching from the Kedron factory side permitting you to turn across the road into the showground. Hope this helps....enjoy your stay! :D

HI Chris

Helin and Eric at the show Ground No is PH 0459023346

Regards Mal and KERRY.

Thanks Mal and Kerry. And also to my mate Rick who just rang me with a number too - before my phone dropped out!

Chris