WINDOW SILICONE

Beejay

Hi to all happy Kedron Caravanners, we have a small problem with the silicone used as a sealant on our windows. This is our third Kedron van and it is the first time we have experienced this problem. Our van is an ATV2 and is only just over 12 months old.The van is fitted with the european type windows now used in all Kedron caravnas.

The problem that we have is that the silicone has turned brown and looks terrible. Kedron has already pulled the windows out twice and cleaned them up and replaced the silicone only to see the problem return after a period of time but on each occasion it is a little better than the previous time.

Has anyonoe else experienced the same problem or is it an anomaly that is restricted to our van ???????

We look forward to hearing comments from all happy Kedron customers.

Brian

HI BRIAN

We had the same problem on our ATV2, Dec 2010. started from the time the van was 3 mts old. KEDRON removed ,cleaned and refitted them but the same thing happened, so they

repeated the prosess,it seames to be ok now. We also asked the question at the time on the members forum, and there were a couple of other vans that had the same

problem. Never found out a reason why.

Regards Mal.

HI BRIAN

We had the same problem on our ATV2, Dec 2010. started from the time the van was 3 mts old. KEDRON removed ,cleaned and refitted them but the same thing happened, so they

repeated the prosess,it seames to be ok now. We also asked the question at the time on the members forum, and there were a couple of other vans that had the same

problem. Never found out a reason why.

Regards Mal.

Hi All

I had the same problem and I found it was the silicone. To remedy the problem I use a sharp blade to trim the edges of the silicone and then use a damp sponge to clean the unwanted brown residue from the walls of the van and hey presto no more problems.

Regards Tex

Hi Beejay,

We too had the same issue with our TE when we purchased it in Dec 2010. Tom allowed us to use a local guy to repair it as we were in Pt Stephens (NSW) at the time and he used a grey silicon(as our van is silver) and we are very happy with the result to the point it looks much better than the original job.

Cheers

Thanks for the input from fellow Kedron owners. At least we now know that it isn't an isolated problem. The last time Kedron removed the windows and replaced the silicone they also removed the seals as they believed this may have been the cause of the problem but obviously they were wrong.

I'm not sure about trimming the silicone as a remedy but will have a look and see what happens. I consider the only reliable solution is to change over to a different silicone but grey won't look much good on a white van, perhaps a clear silicone may be teh answer. I will have another talk to Kedron and see what they suggest.

Once again thanks for your comments

• 5 weeks later...