Toyota 76 Series suspension upgrade

Gilly

G'day Fellow Travellers. We just picked up our new 76 series wagon and are interested to hear any comments from others with regards to upgrading the suspension/lift kits/rear air bags or any other useful tips anyone may have. We tow a 20 foot ATV and have the vehicle booked into Creative Conversions in October for chassis extension. Any other information on this model would be greatly appreciated. We have recently sold our business and plan to hit the road in May 2013.

Cheers,

Pete & Lyn :)

Hi Pete & Lyn

Not that I know anything about conversions,but wouldn`t beefing up the suspension be part of it???

Cheers

Rick

Hi Pete & Lyn

Not that I know anything about conversions,but wouldn`t beefing up the suspension be part of it???

Cheers

Rick

GDay Rick,

The suspension doesn't need to be changed for the conversion. My concern is the standard Toyota Suspension has always proved not suitable for towing heavy caravans.

I am just curious if anyone else has this particular model and has had suspension modifications and if they were satisfied with the changes.

Cheers

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Fellow Travellers. We just picked up our new 76 series wagon and are interested to hear any comments from others with regards to upgrading the suspension/lift kits/rear air bags or any other useful tips anyone may have. We tow a 20 foot ATV and have the vehicle booked into Creative Conversions in October for chassis extension. Any other information on this model would be greatly appreciated. We have recently sold our business and plan to hit the road in May 2013.

Cheers,

Pete & Lyn :)

Hi Pete& Lyn

I have a LC 76 and I had ARB up grade the suspension and added air bags to the rear. But, alas I found that it was not what I required. However I have since found out that SAX suspension has a better option which I am going to invest in. I would strongly suggest SAXS.

Tex

Thanks for that Tex.

I'll look into that. I was very close to making a decision on a 2 inch lift and air bags, think I'll wait and do a bit more research.

Let me know how your new system performs.

Cheers,

Pete