Outside 12V socket next to TV aerial

TheNuts

I am trying to find a plug that fits the outside 12V socket on the side of our 2005 Kedron. I can't figure out what type of a socket it is. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Erich

Erich, I have left a message for you on your phone. Val says it is a marine socket and they come in two sizes (that he knows of). Yours is probably the same size as the one we had on our old van (a 2004 model). We have one of those to spare if you want us to send it up.

Chris

Thanks for the swift replies, Chris & ddetcord49! Sorry we missed your call Chris. Lesley will give you a call tomorrow (hope you enjoyed your dinner!).

ddetcord49, we saw an Enduro at the picnic area at the Bjelke Peterson Dam wall the week before last. Could that have been you?

Erich

Tele. ....

hi erich and lesley, no it wasnt me at the dam...still looking to buy a 70 series wagon...soon. would like to hear what the plug is used for?

I am not sure what the intended use is. Somebody mentioned to plug in a 12V TV. That makes sense as it is next to the aerial. But all the TVs come with cigarette lighter type plugs, so would need a converter. An other suggestion was to plug in an Engel fridge, which might have that kind of a plug.

I intend to make up a cable that plugs into the socket on one side and has a cigarette lighter type socket on the other end. This will allow me to plug in my netbook and Lesley to plug in her iPad while sitting outside under the awning. True back to nature stuff.

Erih, This type of waterproof plug was fitted to our 2006 Kedron prior to them installing all external plugs etc inside a Camec locker. We also had a similar lead and plug for a second TV mount in our bedroom. The main lead in the kitchen area was a cigarette lighter plug into the winegard socket.They are available from Bias or witworths as per other posts.

Geoff