Lower wattage 240V electric kettle

Geoff and Pam Ward

Hi All

Does anyone know of a lower wattage 240V electric kettle available in Australia? I have an 1800W inverter in my TE and, running a 2000w kettle, it suffers from low voltage cutout when more than about 120 A/H have been drawn from the batteries. A kettle with a wattage in the range of 1000W to 1500W would be ideal.. There are a few available in the UK but I can't find any in Oz. The 12V options from Waeco would be just too slow.

Kind regards

Geoff

Hi Geoff

I can't help you with the electric kettles, sorry.

During our 1st shake down trip, we tried an old copper based kettle that we used to use on our camping trips decades ago.

It took too long to heat the water, so we resorted to using just 1 of the saucepans with a lid that's in the cupboard to boil our water using the gas stove. It's less stuff in our cupboards to carry around by not bothering with the electric models.

cheers

Sue

Hi Geoff & Pam,

We have a 1ltr Sunbeam says it's 1700-1800w our inverter will run it, but, ours is 2000w. I don't use it with the inverter though, nor our toaster or my wife's hair dryer. Rather we have cheapy stainless steel kettle that we put on the gas stove or one of those cheap single ring portable burners. IMHO keeping the batteries at an optimum voltage can at times be difficult enough without extreme loads such as kettles, hairdryers, toasters or the coffee machine, better to get into conservative habits from the outset in my case.