Who's coming to WA this tourist season?

Ian and Sue

Thought I might ask firstly if you are planning on doing WA this tourist season and if so where you are going to be and approximately when? Not to much to ask eh? :lol:

I am thinking if I can get a general idea of who will be around I might be able to organise an event since we will not be over in the east during this year. Next year is a whole different story though :-)

Hi we will be travelling WA from north to south between early August to mid September. Looking forward to it!

Hi Sue & Ian,

Thirteen vans are due to arrive at Leonora 16th June via the Outback Way. That will be the completion of our convoy so everyone will decide where they want to go from there. Check out the post on that subject.

Regards

John

Hi Sue and Ian

How is retirement going this time? :lol: As we will be part of the convoy John refers to we will be in WA from mid-June and our rough plan from Leonora is to head down to Kalgoorlie then across to the Perth area, 'do' the southern part of WA before heading back across to SA. Nothing is set in stone at this stage but we plan to save northern WA for another trip. The only definite date on the horizon after the tag-along is to be home by the beginning of October. Throw some ideas out there and see what response you get.

G'day Sue & Ian,

We too will be in the group arriving in Leonora on 16 Jun. While it is not yet set in stone we will probably head north through Marble Bar to brooms Derby before turning east towards Cairns and home.

Regards

Colin

Hi all and thanks for your replies - I will go back and read the recommended thread, I started reading it sometime back and stopped as I was getting too depressed that we couldn't join in! :-) We seriously need to move to the east coast!

Les and Eric - retirement ekkkk.... there seems to be a bit of a recurring pattern happening with us. We or rather I thought we were safe from going back this time as the contract mob had changed when we left and there was massive change going on with Woodside BUT..... last week, phone rings and guess what? :-( This time after a bit of discussion we will be staying put in our home in Geraldton but who knows what will happen next. My only stipulation is that we are ready to leave for SA for Easter 2014, actually I think I put my request in as being able to do the south of the eastern states during next summer so we / I would be wanting to leave at Christmas 2013.

Our home is Geraldton although I have yet to change our location on the profile, I don't want to jinx our being here for a while - my thoughts re a trip where that quite often I hear you guys coming over for our wildflower season and was thinking a trip out through one of our wildflower areas in the northern Wheatbelt - ie up the Mullewa stockroute from Mullewa stopping at a station out there then going on to London Bridge, across to Murchison and then either Gladstone or back down the NW Coastal Highway. The stock route is an easy dirt drive for those wondering. Thinking perhaps August / September time. At the moment just throwing the idea in and will work on it some more but this is something to start with.

Cheers all

Sue

We too are part of the caravanserai coming over from the East. In our case we will be joining them at Yulara and then driving across to Leonora with the group. After Leonora we will probably head South to Kalgoorlie and on down to Esperance. We want to be home in SA in early August. I would probably be willing to do a relatively short trip around Geraldton if there was anything suitable for a few day trip?

Chris

• 1 month later...

We too are part of the caravanserai coming over from the East. In our case we will be joining them at Yulara and then driving across to Leonora with the group. After Leonora we will probably head South to Kalgoorlie and on down to Esperance. We want to be home in SA in early August. I would probably be willing to do a relatively short trip around Geraldton if there was anything suitable for a few day trip?

Chris