LED Lights

Ian and Jill Brown

We replaced ours with an LED which was a similar shape - they were pretty expensive but sorry right now I can't remember exactly how much they were. I think we got them in a caravan shop on the Albany Hwy down in Cannington/Beckenham.

Sue

Hi Reece

I just replaced 3 outside fluro lights with LED Discs and new plastic covers .Easy job to do yourself .Cost was $74 each. Thats lights and covers and cable joiners.Purchased through Springers in Brisbane. I say easy job ,cause if I can do it anyone can :rolleyes::lol:

Cheers

Rick

G'day Ian

We replaced our external lights with LED's a few weeks ago. I used the same circular LED replacements as were used for the inside fluoros. They just press into place. Naturally, the ballast has to be bypassed, but I left the ballast module inside the light fitting anyway. The LED replacement lights are not polarity conscious, so it doesn't matter which way around you connect the wiring. I got new covers for the lights while I was at it. Any reputable van parts supplier should be able to provide them. Little tip: coat them regularly with Armor-all and they take a lot longer to "tan" and go brittle.

Cheers

Russ

PS: How is the fitting of the Lithium batteries going?

I am currently fitting waterproof led strip lighting to the awning arms, when the awning is in the retracted position the lights will shine straight out, when the awning is set up the lights will shine down towards the ground.

Power wise I just put an andersen plug (AP) in the boot door which plugs into the AP fridge outlet in the boot, I fitted a single red led into the back of the AP so you can see at a glance if it is connected or not if you don't have the lights on.

I have put photo's on my blog page.

G'day,

When I was at Brendale in November I had all the lights changed, internal and external for LED's. IT is worth doing. It did not take Ashley and Tom and their team long.

Regards

Colin